- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 1
Shipping Methods per product
The only products I can show at the moment are those that can use the Australia Post shipping.
But I have some products that are within the Australia Post weights but they cannot be sent by me via Australia Post as they these particular products are drop shipped by my supplier. eg. I sell Product XYZ on my website shop and then let me supplier know the details and they send the product to my client for me.
I also have some other products that can ONLY be picked up as they are too heavy. But I would also like to offer the option of pickup for all products that I normally would send via Australia Post.
It would be good to be able to set up a number of shipping methods in the normal way but then assign one or more shipping methods to a product much the same as you do when adding categories per products.
Is there a way I can do this so that I can sell all my products using HIKA?
Also how could I do the following manual shipping method.
Quantity 1 to 6 items = Shipping Price 1
Quantity 7 to 12 items = Shipping Price 2
Quantity 13 - 20 items = Shipping Price 3
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thus, what you're asking sounds impossible. That would mean rewriting the whole shipping system in HikaShop to handle several shipping methods.
For the manual shipping method question at the end of your post, you would need to set for example a weight of 1kg for each of your products. Then, you could restrict your shipping methods like that:
from 0 to 6.5 kg => Shipping Price 1
from 6.5 to 12.5 kg => Shipping Price 2
from 12.5 kg => Shipping Price 3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Its a shame as offering Shipping by product would be far more flexible for the store and not a lot of online stores do this except for some really good (but expensive) shops.
I would also like to be able to have the customer either choose Australia post options or choose Pickup from store options for some products as well.
Thanks for the suggestion re the quantity purchase - makes sense.
How does the system know to choose between Australia Post method and the manual shipping method? If I have a manual shipping price like your suggestion which for example might have 4 products (4 kg) at $XXX but someone orders 100 of one of the products that normally goes out via Australia Post which has a combined weight of 3kg? I would still want those products to be sent Australia Post but the others totalling 4kg can't be sent by Australia Post. Hopefully you understand what I mean.
One last question is if I sell a Service using the shop - this should have no shipping assigned to it - how could I do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you don't set a weight in a product, no shipping will be proposed for it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I modified quiet a few things to make it happen, the key things are:
- first added a product custom field "no-ship". Available at backend only. Yes/No.
Every non-shipable product has this field set.
- then modified manual shipping method to check if one of the products in the cart has that no-ship field checked and if so, the weight is set to some high number, which will skip all manual shipping methods with a max. weight, leaving just the "pick up goods at shop" available ( which has no max weight set)...
Hope this gives you an idea.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The difference with this method is that you can still ask for a shipping method for shippable products during the checkout and that might not be what you want, so your option is good too although it requires to change the manual shipping plugin which is non trivial.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am thinking of writing a "collect at shop" type of shipping module.. but first other things... needs to get our old VM 1.0 based shop converted to HS asap!
thx!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
A lot of online shops fail in the postage area - they are not flexible to handle all the different types of postage that can occur these days. Nicolas - might be worth considering to make it stand out from the rest of the "crowd" as no-one else really does it. Know it will take some programming to achieve but in the end to be able to set up any number of shipping modules and then to be able to assign one or more to an individual product would be great. Also, being able to assign one or more shipping methods to multiple products to speed things up.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem comes when customer chooses products that are normal Australia Post plus products that have manual shipping to it. This is ok if I was sending out all the products, but I do have some products that are drop shipped by the manufacturer which means I would have to send the items by Australia post (1 cost), and the manufacturer sends at their cost (or my cost) (as I have determined in the manual shipping method). The price that is showing is the manual shipped price and in this case I make very little monies on the products that are send by Australia Post.
Hope make sense
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can't see how the volume can work for what I need. Actually can't see anything that will work. If I have 2 products in my cart that are shipped by my manufacturer and then 2 products that are normally shipped by Australia Post, only the manual shipping price is showing which means in this particular case that I accept payment for the postage which I end up paying to the manufacturer as they have posted it which is fine, but I am out of pocket on the shipping cost for the items to be sent by Australia Post. The customer is assuming that all products are shipped at the same time in the same package which they are not.
All I can do is add some text to the product highlighted in Bold Red NOT to select any other products in the shop if ordering these particular products. Not a good experience or practice so would just have to wear the costs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can differentiate manual shipping methods for when you only have one type of products and manual shipping methods for when you have both types of products by using volume restrictions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
At the moment, all I can do is make a note in the shipping section of the checkout that pickup is available for those in our area only with contact us to arrange a time. This is fine BUT then I will need to refund the postage fees back to them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For your latter case, I don't know how you define when you do a jobfor that customer or not and how it's related to your products so I can't comment. I would need more information.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.