- Posts: 112
- Thank you received: 0
Editing an address creates a new address
15 years 1 month ago #23971
by lrazov
Editing an address creates a new address was created by lrazov
Hi Nicolas,
Just found another issue
When I click on edit an address button, an Address Information forms opens up in a new window. After I edit details in the form and hit Ok button, the new window doesn't close but instead redirects to my page where I am at and I can see in the little window that a new address is being added. When I close the little window and refresh my main window the two addresses appear. It looks like the edit button works exactly the same as the add new address button.
Any suggestion?
I hope you can help me to resolve this soon.
Thank you.
P.S. I am using hikashop v 1.5.2 and at this stage don't plan to upgrade it.
Just found another issue
When I click on edit an address button, an Address Information forms opens up in a new window. After I edit details in the form and hit Ok button, the new window doesn't close but instead redirects to my page where I am at and I can see in the little window that a new address is being added. When I close the little window and refresh my main window the two addresses appear. It looks like the edit button works exactly the same as the add new address button.
Any suggestion?
I hope you can help me to resolve this soon.
Thank you.
P.S. I am using hikashop v 1.5.2 and at this stage don't plan to upgrade it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #23986
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
Hi,
I think that it's a problem we fixed with the 1.5.3 release.
Are you talking about the edit of addresses on the addresses management interface ? Or on the checkout ?
In any ways, the solution will probably be to update, at least the address view's files via FTP.
I think that it's a problem we fixed with the 1.5.3 release.
Are you talking about the edit of addresses on the addresses management interface ? Or on the checkout ?
In any ways, the solution will probably be to update, at least the address view's files via FTP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24013
by lrazov
Replied by lrazov on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
Hi,
Yes, I was refering to editing on checkout.
Could you be more specific - which files I need to upgrade and if possible which lines? As I can't upgrade the whole tool due to a number of modifications performed.
Thank you.
Yes, I was refering to editing on checkout.
Could you be more specific - which files I need to upgrade and if possible which lines? As I can't upgrade the whole tool due to a number of modifications performed.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24025
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
We can't provide a list of each change in each file for each functionality between each release. There's just too many of them, and I can't guarantee you that it will work. It might break other things which are related to that modification, even indirectly. That's why we STRONGLY recommend to not edit directly the files but use the overrides in place to do your modifications...
The modifications we had to make for the addresses edition on the front end are in the files:
components/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php
administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/address.php
components/com_hikashop/views/address/view.html.php
components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl/form.php
components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl/listing.php
components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/view.html.php
components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl/address.php
components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl/address_view.php
The modifications we had to make for the addresses edition on the front end are in the files:
components/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php
administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/address.php
components/com_hikashop/views/address/view.html.php
components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl/form.php
components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl/listing.php
components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/view.html.php
components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl/address.php
components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl/address_view.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24078
by lrazov
Replied by lrazov on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
Thank you for the list. I was able to update all the files listed and the editing/creating issue looks fixed. 
However, what happens now is...
For example I have two addresses A & B under both billing and shipping respectively. If I select A under billing and B under shipping, then edit B under shipping and click OK, the page refreshes and now B becomes selected under billing. I want it to stay A as it was selected before.
The other suggestion of yours of adding the code below in the address_view.php file doesn't help as the same thing happens - when I add a new shipping address, after save and page refresh, the new address appears selected under billing.
else{
continue;
}
How can I separate the two?
However, what happens now is...
For example I have two addresses A & B under both billing and shipping respectively. If I select A under billing and B under shipping, then edit B under shipping and click OK, the page refreshes and now B becomes selected under billing. I want it to stay A as it was selected before.
The other suggestion of yours of adding the code below in the address_view.php file doesn't help as the same thing happens - when I add a new shipping address, after save and page refresh, the new address appears selected under billing.
else{
continue;
}
How can I separate the two?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24112
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
It's indeed how it's done. It's not a problem of the way you updated, as there is the same behaviour on our demo website. We'll have to look at that more in depth before we can provide a solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24129
by lrazov
Replied by lrazov on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
It would be awesome if you could separate the two addresses types. Looking forward to updates. I need it ASAP 
Cheers.
Cheers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24429
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
Hi,
Here is a fix.
You need to replace the files components/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php and components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl/form.php by the files in the zip.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Here is a fix.
You need to replace the files components/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php and components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl/form.php by the files in the zip.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 weeks ago #24842
by lrazov
Replied by lrazov on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
Hi Nicolas,
First of all - Thank you for the fix!
Secondly - Sorry for taking time to reply.
I have replaced the files as per you instructions. However, I haven't noticed any difference - the system works exactly the same as it was before. When I create a new shipping address and after the page reloads, the new address is being selected under the billing addresses as well as under shipping.
You must've tested the fix in your system before giving it to me. How does it work for you?
First of all - Thank you for the fix!
Secondly - Sorry for taking time to reply.
I have replaced the files as per you instructions. However, I haven't noticed any difference - the system works exactly the same as it was before. When I create a new shipping address and after the page reloads, the new address is being selected under the billing addresses as well as under shipping.
You must've tested the fix in your system before giving it to me. How does it work for you?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 weeks ago #24846
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
The problem I corrected was that the billing address was changed when the shipping address was changed.
I didn't see that it was about the new addresses. And indeed, I can see what you're talking about. When creating a new address it adds it for both.
We'll look at that.
I didn't see that it was about the new addresses. And indeed, I can see what you're talking about. When creating a new address it adds it for both.
We'll look at that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 week ago #25692
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Editing an address creates a new address
Hi,
Here is a zip with the files components/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/address_view.php and components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/view.html.php
The modifications fixes that problem on our end.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Here is a zip with the files components/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/address_view.php and components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/view.html.php
The modifications fixes that problem on our end.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds