- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
US address format
15 years 1 month ago #24415
by scottb50
US address format was created by scottb50
I have been looking through the docs and forms and still am still confused. I'm somewhat of a noob, so please be patient.
My question is about how a customer adds a new address. Right now, it seems the format is European (attached image).
My customers are primarily in the US, so how do I make it look as follows?
First name
Last name
address
address 2
city
state
zip
...etc.
Thanks in advance for your help.
My question is about how a customer adds a new address. Right now, it seems the format is European (attached image).
My customers are primarily in the US, so how do I make it look as follows?
First name
Last name
address
address 2
city
state
zip
...etc.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24416
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: US address format
You can change the address form by editing the fields in the menu Display->Custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24418
by eyescream
Replied by eyescream on topic Re: US address format
Go on Display->Custom fields
then you can change order your listing and you can change labels when you edit
then you can change order your listing and you can change labels when you edit
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43219
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic Re: US address format
Hi,
I am an extreme beginner at trying to set up something like this. I have several categories and products set up, but do have several questions. I will begin with this one which is regarding the US address format. I have changed the custom fields as you directed in this dialog, and when I click on the edit by my address, it appears correctly; however, in the cart the address is showing up as follows:
Mrs R M
22192 Wood Dr
61736 Downs Illinois
United States of America
Telephone: 3xxxx Change
The problem here is the postal code needs to be after the state, which is how I have it set up in the custom fields. I don't know how to get it to display correctly. When I click the 'next' button, I get this message:
Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address. because of the placement of the postal code.
Thank you so much for a great product and your kind assistance!
I am an extreme beginner at trying to set up something like this. I have several categories and products set up, but do have several questions. I will begin with this one which is regarding the US address format. I have changed the custom fields as you directed in this dialog, and when I click on the edit by my address, it appears correctly; however, in the cart the address is showing up as follows:
Mrs R M
22192 Wood Dr
61736 Downs Illinois
United States of America
Telephone: 3xxxx Change
The problem here is the postal code needs to be after the state, which is how I have it set up in the custom fields. I don't know how to get it to display correctly. When I click the 'next' button, I get this message:
Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address. because of the placement of the postal code.
Thank you so much for a great product and your kind assistance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43335
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: US address format
Regarding the display of addresses, you can change it by editing the different "address_template" files via the menu Display->Views.
Regarding the paypal error, please follow the documentation on paypal issues:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...l-error.html#address
Regarding the paypal error, please follow the documentation on paypal issues:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...l-error.html#address
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43373
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic Re: US address format
Thank you so very much! That part seems to be working, I do appreciate your assistance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds