- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Default language issue
- draftvader
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 1 month ago #24577
by draftvader
Default language issue was created by draftvader
I am finishing the configuration on a new client site (he is not adverse to paying for the "Essential" license, but I would like to finish my work as simply as possible before going to the live server for the payment sandbox testing). I was testing the checkout process but couldn't get past issue with Joomla! users not being able to add an address, so I read up and the recommendation was an update. I did the update and, bar a few files where I have hacked out the pagination (good thing I backed up my Joomla! files first for reference), everything looked good.
The site I am creating is dual language (English primary and German secondary) but the customer wanted the e-commerce section of his site (this is a confusing site, but you have to work with the client) in English. We had set everything up in the previous version in English and everything was good.
The upgrade done I immediately notice that Hikashop is reading the German language file. Now, the simplest answer to my query is to hack the German language file with the English content and everybody is happy.....at least, until I am asked to take Hikashop dual language (once proof of concept is shown to work and he wants to upgrade his licence).
The weird part is that my default language in Joomla! is English and that is working across the rest of the site.
J! 1.5.22 (will do the upgrade to 1.5.23 before porting to the live server)
XAMPP installation
Hikashop 1.5.3 from 1.4.? (8 or 9 I think)
I have queried mySQL through phpmyadmin and it can't find a language option in the hikashop tables, so what is the solution. Sorry I couldn't be more succinct on this one, but this is how this project is for me...
The site I am creating is dual language (English primary and German secondary) but the customer wanted the e-commerce section of his site (this is a confusing site, but you have to work with the client) in English. We had set everything up in the previous version in English and everything was good.
The upgrade done I immediately notice that Hikashop is reading the German language file. Now, the simplest answer to my query is to hack the German language file with the English content and everybody is happy.....at least, until I am asked to take Hikashop dual language (once proof of concept is shown to work and he wants to upgrade his licence).
The weird part is that my default language in Joomla! is English and that is working across the rest of the site.
J! 1.5.22 (will do the upgrade to 1.5.23 before porting to the live server)
XAMPP installation
Hikashop 1.5.3 from 1.4.? (8 or 9 I think)
I have queried mySQL through phpmyadmin and it can't find a language option in the hikashop tables, so what is the solution. Sorry I couldn't be more succinct on this one, but this is how this project is for me...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24583
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Default language issue
Hi,
The language file loaded by HikaShop is based on the current language of the website. If the website is displayed in english, HikaShop will be in english as well, and if the website is displayed in german, it will load the german language file.
The easiest solution for you is just to delete the german language file of HikaShop. That way, it will use the english one automatically all the time. Then, the day you want both, you can just retrieve the german language file from our servers and you will have it in two languages.
The language file loaded by HikaShop is based on the current language of the website. If the website is displayed in english, HikaShop will be in english as well, and if the website is displayed in german, it will load the german language file.
The easiest solution for you is just to delete the german language file of HikaShop. That way, it will use the english one automatically all the time. Then, the day you want both, you can just retrieve the german language file from our servers and you will have it in two languages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- draftvader
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #24585
by draftvader
Replied by draftvader on topic Re: Default language issue
Thanks for your suggestion. I am about to check it out (sounds like it should work if you have programmed it to fallback). However I thought I would check out your theory about it defaulting to the active language. I have the site in English (through the English menu using M17n) and the language file being called is still the German file.
In the back-end you can see that I have English as the default language.
Is this a bug or have I just missed something in Hikashop set-up?
In the back-end you can see that I have English as the default language.
Is this a bug or have I just missed something in Hikashop set-up?
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by draftvader.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- draftvader
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 1 month ago #24586
by draftvader
Replied by draftvader on topic Re: Default language issue
I'll let you know how I get on with your suggestion once I've tried it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24589
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Default language issue
Maybe it's because of the way m17n change the language. We've only integrated with joomla and joomfish, not with m17n so that might explain why you got that result.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- draftvader
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 1 month ago #24737
by draftvader
Replied by draftvader on topic Re: Default language issue
Sometimes you just have egg on your face. It was nothing to do with the translations. This was me forgetting that there is a "Empty cart message override" in the hikashop_cart options. Whoops! Oh well, if there are any other
doofi
out there it will save them the embarrassment.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds