- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Making each image for a product an invidual select
15 years 1 month ago #24722
by Moffett
Making each image for a product an invidual select was created by Moffett
kia ora folks
I'm trying to set up a shop for photography and am struggling with the configuration.
I need to be able to display up to 500 photos for each client and allow each client to select 200 to 300 photos from these.
If I make a category for each client how then do I show each of the 500 photos and let the client easily make their selection on a per photo basis?
On this page; webpagedesignnz.com/photo/index.php/clients/wedding
How do I configure each image to be chosen and added to the cart without leaving the product page until their selection is complete?
kia kaha
Stan
I'm trying to set up a shop for photography and am struggling with the configuration.
I need to be able to display up to 500 photos for each client and allow each client to select 200 to 300 photos from these.
If I make a category for each client how then do I show each of the 500 photos and let the client easily make their selection on a per photo basis?
On this page; webpagedesignnz.com/photo/index.php/clients/wedding
How do I configure each image to be chosen and added to the cart without leaving the product page until their selection is complete?
kia kaha
Stan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24723
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Making each image for a product an invidual select
Hi,
You can't do it like this. You need to have several products (one per image) and display them as a listing of products (you can activate the add to cart button directly on the listing for each product).
You can't do it like this. You need to have several products (one per image) and display them as a listing of products (you can activate the add to cart button directly on the listing for each product).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #24724
by Moffett
Replied by Moffett on topic Re: Making each image for a product an invidual select
are you trying to set a world record for the quickest response to a query? 
Is there a way of bulk uploading images to result in each image generating a new product (under one category)?
thanks a lot for your help!
stan
Never mind about the above - I've found the documentation to explain this
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...import.html#generate
Is there a way of bulk uploading images to result in each image generating a new product (under one category)?
thanks a lot for your help!
stan
Never mind about the above - I've found the documentation to explain this
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...import.html#generate
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Moffett. Reason: found documentation
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24727
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Making each image for a product an invidual select
Yes, that's possible. You need to use the "import from folder" feature in HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24741
by Moffett
Replied by Moffett on topic Re: Making each image for a product an invidual select
kia ora
webpagedesignnz.com/photo/index.php/clients/frank-and-linda
Where do I configure the 'Frank and Linda' link to point to the 'Frank and Linda' category? At the moment it points to the parent 'product category' and should point to the sub category 'Frank and Linda'.
How do I remove the large images on the above page? Obviously I've added them but can't see where to remove them - I just want the 4 columns to show.
Is it possible to have each image clickable to show the larger image in a popup, instead of having to go to the product page for each image?
Is it possible to have a thumbnail image showing in the cart module instead of the product title?
Similarily is it possible to have a thumbnail image on the checkout page instead of the product title?
Thanks very much for your help!
kia kaha
stan
webpagedesignnz.com/photo/index.php/clients/frank-and-linda
Where do I configure the 'Frank and Linda' link to point to the 'Frank and Linda' category? At the moment it points to the parent 'product category' and should point to the sub category 'Frank and Linda'.
How do I remove the large images on the above page? Obviously I've added them but can't see where to remove them - I just want the 4 columns to show.
Is it possible to have each image clickable to show the larger image in a popup, instead of having to go to the product page for each image?
Is it possible to have a thumbnail image showing in the cart module instead of the product title?
Similarily is it possible to have a thumbnail image on the checkout page instead of the product title?
Thanks very much for your help!
kia kaha
stan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24748
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Making each image for a product an invidual select
You need to go in the HikaShop options of your menu and change the "parent category" option to the category you want. You can easily access the hikashop options of your menu via the menu Display->Content menus.
In that same option screen, you have the option "associated modules" where you must have one products listing module which is published. If you unpublish it, you won't see it below your products listing.
There is no option to make the image clickable on the listing. However, it can be done if you modify the code of the file "listing_img_title" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views. But you need to know php to do that.
Same for the images in the cart and the checkout (it's the file cart of the views product and checkout that you would have to edit). In next release, you will have the possibility to display the images on the checkout via an option.
In that same option screen, you have the option "associated modules" where you must have one products listing module which is published. If you unpublish it, you won't see it below your products listing.
There is no option to make the image clickable on the listing. However, it can be done if you modify the code of the file "listing_img_title" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views. But you need to know php to do that.
Same for the images in the cart and the checkout (it's the file cart of the views product and checkout that you would have to edit). In next release, you will have the possibility to display the images on the checkout via an option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24815
by Moffett
Replied by Moffett on topic Re: Making each image for a product an invidual select
Thanks for the prompt reply. This is a wonderful extension and superb support.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds