Skip to main content

Layout of 'Buy Now' area

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25073 by brooksie
Hi

I'd like to change the layout of my 'buy now' area on each product.

The quantity and + & - signs are not needed in this shop as I'm selling unique works of art. Can I remove all of this stuff to just leave the price and button and at the same time bring the button under the price?

Next, another strategy, please, about postage.

One of the categories is Greeting Cards and they each weigh, say, 20g. However, one item would be packed with thick card to prevent it bending and that card could weigh, say, 50g. If the customer buys 5 of these cards (all different) then I would pack them together within one packing of thick card then put them into a larger envelope. That total would then need to be computed for a final postal charge.

Not all of my categories are like that. Some are ceramics which would be individually packed as would full size paintings.

Logic isn't my strong point so I'd be grateful for help with this. The site is www.arts.bg/shop

Many thanks

Brooksie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25075 by nicolas
Hi,

1. You need to set the option "Display the quantity field on the product page" to "normal input" for that in the Display tab of the config.

2. You would have to create manual shipping methods with weight limitations and your shipping prices via the menu System->Shipping methods.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25078 by brooksie
Nicolas

Brilliant, thanks!!

1) I did what you said, but I changed it to 'No display' actually, as that achieved what I wanted. I just need a little space above the button for artistic reasons but I'll figure that out later.

2) Can you elaborate more or point me to a thread? I don't follow you on weight limitations.

Imaginary case of postage:

One item would cost 10c to post but packaging would add 50c. Total 60c.
Two items would cost 20c to post + packaging. Total 70c.

How would the weight limitation work and how would I implement it? Simple language please. I'm not the brightest star in the sky!!

Bear in mind that this won't apply to all the products.

Maybe it's also time to mention that this is seriously the best e-commerce package I've used and the support from you is spectacular.

Merci mille fois!

Brooksie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25079 by brooksie
Oh, just noticed, I'd like to remove '1 in stock' as well.

A few days ago I changed the words to remove 'items' but now I want to remove the whole lot.

Merci

Brooksie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25080 by nicolas
Thanks.

For your case, you need two shipping methods. Suppose that each product weight 100g, you would have that:
from 0 to 150g => price of 60c
from 150 to 250g => price of 70c
...etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25082 by nicolas
Any text in HikaShop can be changed like that: www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25084 by brooksie
Wow!!

Fast response yet again!!

I don't get your idea of shipping, sorry.

Each item weighs, say, 20g. The packaging weighs, say, 50g.

Buy one = 70g.

Buy two = 90g.

How do I work that into the system. In other words, where do I add the packaging weight?

I'll look at your later post in the morning, if I may!!

Bon soir!!

Brooksie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25085 by nicolas
when you create a shipping method, you can set a price, a minimum weight and a maximum weight.
Following your example, you can do like that then:
from 0 to 80g => price of 60c => that is for one which weight 70g
from 80 to 100g => price of 70c => that is for two which weight 90g

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25086 by brooksie
I have no will power!!

I did your suggestion to remove the item in the language file.

Worked. Muchos gracias!!

I'll reread the postage thing again in case I'm missing something.

Skol

Brooksie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25088 by brooksie
Ok, I see what you are saying, but where do I add the cost of the packaging which, in this case, is not related to individual items or the number of those items?

Other stuff on my site would have its own packaging cost, and that's not a problem.

Cheers

Brooksie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25089 by nicolas
You need to include the price of packaging in the price of the shipping method.

If you don't want to add the packaging price in the shipping for other products which weight the same on your website, then, you can use the volume restriction of the shipping methods and set a dimensions on these products so that only these products get these shipping methods, but then it gets complicated to setup when users can buy products of both types.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25090 by brooksie
Good man. Thanks for staying up this late!!

In this instance, I think the difference between very light Greeting Cards and very heavy pottery will not be a problem, but I see what you're saying.

I'll digest all this stuff now and, if you don't mind, come back to it tomorrow.

I'm really very grateful for your fantastic service.

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking you're staying up late in France and that you're actually sitting on a beach in the Caribbean!!

Salut!!

Brooksie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25103 by nicolas
I'd love to be on a beach in the Caribbean :D, but no, I'm in France and no beach near our place. Thank you for your kind words.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum