- Posts: 117
- Thank you received: 0
Does google pick up on code names?
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #25232
by sarsells
Does google pick up on code names? was created by sarsells
Hi Nicolas,
With regard to my record shop at www.acrossthetracksrecords.com,I have been looking at ways to increase its position in google. I realised that I had not included the word vinyl very often at it is probably the most important keyword for the site. So, I was trying to think what heading I could add to my CSV files. I sell mainly Vinyl LPS, but also CDS. So, I had thought of adding a product_code heading and giving all items in say, the jazz category a code of jazz vinyl 1, Jazz vinyl 2 etc. So, I gave it a try, and see that the code does not appear on the description. So, I was wondering if google would pick up on it? I also tried product_type, but this again did not show on the actual listing, so I was again not sure if it would be picked up by search engines?
Please can you advise, or perhaps suggest a different heading?
Many thanks
Sarah
With regard to my record shop at www.acrossthetracksrecords.com,I have been looking at ways to increase its position in google. I realised that I had not included the word vinyl very often at it is probably the most important keyword for the site. So, I was trying to think what heading I could add to my CSV files. I sell mainly Vinyl LPS, but also CDS. So, I had thought of adding a product_code heading and giving all items in say, the jazz category a code of jazz vinyl 1, Jazz vinyl 2 etc. So, I gave it a try, and see that the code does not appear on the description. So, I was wondering if google would pick up on it? I also tried product_type, but this again did not show on the actual listing, so I was again not sure if it would be picked up by search engines?
Please can you advise, or perhaps suggest a different heading?
Many thanks
Sarah
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by sarsells.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25234
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Does google pick up on code names?
Hi,
You can put it in the meta description and/or keywords of your products. These meta information are there so that search engines can use them.
You can put it in the meta description and/or keywords of your products. These meta information are there so that search engines can use them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25238
by sarsells
Replied by sarsells on topic Re: Does google pick up on code names?
Hi
Thank you. We have already put it in those places, but a look at google analysis says it has not picked up on the word vinyl. So I thought it would be good to add it to other places.
Thank you. We have already put it in those places, but a look at google analysis says it has not picked up on the word vinyl. So I thought it would be good to add it to other places.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25242
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Does google pick up on code names?
If you put it in the product code it might help a bit but it will be even more effective if you put it in the product name, if you can.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25248
by sarsells
Replied by sarsells on topic Re: Does google pick up on code names?
Thank you for that suggestion, we will do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 152
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #25289
by plantpotphil
Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online
Replied by plantpotphil on topic Re: Does google pick up on code names?
Just for interest, Google doesn't use the meta keyword tag
googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009...ywords-meta-tag.html
Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by plantpotphil.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25304
by sarsells
Replied by sarsells on topic Re: Does google pick up on code names?
Hi
Thanks, that is what I thought, and had read that post, but I am sure some search engines do. Google seems to pick up the meta descriptions well. I am going to add key words to titles and see if that does the trick.
Thanks, that is what I thought, and had read that post, but I am sure some search engines do. Google seems to pick up the meta descriptions well. I am going to add key words to titles and see if that does the trick.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds