- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
price with 5 digit decimal in the backend
15 years 1 week ago #26008
by duponsa
price with 5 digit decimal in the backend was created by duponsa
This maybe a stupid question but is there a reason for price with 5 digit decimal in the backend?
it's giving me abit of an headhake because I have to fiddle with my pricing to show the price right (eg: $59.00 instead of 59.05).
I have set the price format how I want it in the front end by configuring the System>Currencies settings. But how do I make the back end price also 2 digit decimals?
it's giving me abit of an headhake because I have to fiddle with my pricing to show the price right (eg: $59.00 instead of 59.05).
I have set the price format how I want it in the front end by configuring the System>Currencies settings. But how do I make the back end price also 2 digit decimals?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 week ago #26032
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: price with 5 digit decimal in the backend
HikaShop stores the price without taxes for your products.
When it is displayed, the price with the taxes is calculated dynamically based on your tax rules.
In some cases like in France the tax is with decimals.
But if you want to display a price with taxes which is round, you might might to specify a price without taxes with more than two decimals, thus, the 5 decimals. That's a standard practice for ecommerce and pricing tools.
Why is that a problem in your case ?
When it is displayed, the price with the taxes is calculated dynamically based on your tax rules.
In some cases like in France the tax is with decimals.
But if you want to display a price with taxes which is round, you might might to specify a price without taxes with more than two decimals, thus, the 5 decimals. That's a standard practice for ecommerce and pricing tools.
Why is that a problem in your case ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 week ago #26126
by duponsa
Replied by duponsa on topic Re: price with 5 digit decimal in the backend
OK, I see... my bad, the "price with tax" does the work rounding up properly. ignitor this post.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds