- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
No error message when billing address is not added
- ncreatives
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 10 months ago #2609
by ncreatives
No error message when billing address is not added was created by ncreatives
Hello, if someone tries to checkout items in their cart, there is no message alerting them that they have not added a billing or shipping address.
Please view the shop here paullewis.ca/index.php/store/dvds
Please view the shop here paullewis.ca/index.php/store/dvds
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 10 months ago #2611
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No error message when billing address is not added
I tried on yuor website and if I don't enter the information requested on the form I correctly get an error message.
Could you explain a bit more what you're are talking about ?
Could you explain a bit more what you're are talking about ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ncreatives
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #2622
by ncreatives
Replied by ncreatives on topic Re: No error message when billing address is not added
For example I go to the link I posted above, I add a dvd to the shopping cart, I click "proceed to checkout", I login, on the checkout page I see "billing address" under that a "new" button, on the other side is "Shipping address" and "Use the same address as for billing." Under that is the details about my order. Then at the bottom of all this is a button that says "next".
If I hit the "next" button this page just reloads. I keep hitting it, the page keeps reloading and I have no idea why I'm not taken to the next step. Shouldn't there be an error message at this stage saying that my checkout can't finish because I haven't entered in a billing address?
I added an image of what I see after hitting the next button, am I missing something?
If I hit the "next" button this page just reloads. I keep hitting it, the page keeps reloading and I have no idea why I'm not taken to the next step. Shouldn't there be an error message at this stage saying that my checkout can't finish because I haven't entered in a billing address?
I added an image of what I see after hitting the next button, am I missing something?
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by ncreatives. Reason: added screen cap
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 10 months ago #2629
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: No error message when billing address is not added
Please try to change the code
to
in the function after_address of the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php near line 630 and try again.
Code:
if(empty($billing)){
return false;
}
Code:
if(empty($billing)){
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage( JText::_('CREATE_OR_SELECT_ADDRESS') );
return false;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ncreatives
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 10 months ago #2636
by ncreatives
Replied by ncreatives on topic Re: No error message when billing address is not added
I'll try this out later when I get home, thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 10 months ago #2645
by LiveSource
Replied by LiveSource on topic Re: No error message when billing address is not added
Thanks for this fix Nicolas. I found the code to modify at line 475 of checkout.php, in the function after_address().
Worked a treat
Worked a treat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ncreatives
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 10 months ago #2663
by ncreatives
Replied by ncreatives on topic Re: No error message when billing address is not added
Yay it works! Thank you very much!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds