- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
Category menu with slider - like on demo site.
15 years 1 day ago #26503
by duponsa
Category menu with slider - like on demo site. was created by duponsa
I was wandering if someone could give me some direction on how to achieve a menu like the "CATEGORIES OF PRODUCTS" menu on the hikashop demo site.
I appologies if this has been explained somewhere, I couldn't find it.
I managed to have my hikashop_module to be as a menu and list categories as submenus but it's all as a static list. I would like the menu to slide out like on the demo site or as suckerfish menu. I see that on the demo site's menu there are divs with the following classes
class="pane-sliders", class="panel", class="title jpane-toggler-down"...
what would be the best way to do this?
- should I modify the administrator>components>com_hikashop>helpers>module.php file? (but then it will affect all my mod_hikashop)
- is there a way to do this using module chrome overwrite?
- or some other better way??
Thanks
I appologies if this has been explained somewhere, I couldn't find it.
I managed to have my hikashop_module to be as a menu and list categories as submenus but it's all as a static list. I would like the menu to slide out like on the demo site or as suckerfish menu. I see that on the demo site's menu there are divs with the following classes
class="pane-sliders", class="panel", class="title jpane-toggler-down"...
what would be the best way to do this?
- should I modify the administrator>components>com_hikashop>helpers>module.php file? (but then it will affect all my mod_hikashop)
- is there a way to do this using module chrome overwrite?
- or some other better way??
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 day ago #26517
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category menu with slider - like on demo site.
The categories "menu" slider on the left column of our demo website is an instance of the hikashop content module.
It's dynamic. If you add a category, it will appear in the display automatically.
There is a documentation there on how to create a category listing module with HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ml#categories_module
Then, for the hikashop options of the module, you can look at them on our demo website's backend once logged in:
www.demo.hikashop.com/administrator/inde...odules&task=edit&cid []=55
It's dynamic. If you add a category, it will appear in the display automatically.
There is a documentation there on how to create a category listing module with HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ml#categories_module
Then, for the hikashop options of the module, you can look at them on our demo website's backend once logged in:
www.demo.hikashop.com/administrator/inde...odules&task=edit&cid []=55
The following user(s) said Thank You: tsa672
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 day ago #26520
by duponsa
Replied by duponsa on topic Re: Category menu with slider - like on demo site.
Thank you for the quick reply. I see, i had the "Type of layout" on Div instead of List, in the content module settings.
however, it only shows the first level of submenu. I have some menu items (categories) with 3 sub-menu levels/ categories. ideally I'd like a suckerfish type menu display.
I just want the customers to be able to access any category/sub-category from the home page, buy simply choosing it from this menu (content module). what do you suggest?
however, it only shows the first level of submenu. I have some menu items (categories) with 3 sub-menu levels/ categories. ideally I'd like a suckerfish type menu display.
I just want the customers to be able to access any category/sub-category from the home page, buy simply choosing it from this menu (content module). what do you suggest?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 day ago #26522
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category menu with slider - like on demo site.
As you can see on our demo website, the module only handle 2 levels of categories.
If you see only one level, it means that you didn't configure all the options like on our demo website.
If you really need more than 2 levels of categories, the only solution for now is to create one menu per category in the joomla menu manager and use a standard joomla menu module which allows you to do that for menus. Otherwise, you can also code such module for HikaShop but you will need a strong grasp of HTML/CSS/JS/PHP to do that.
If you see only one level, it means that you didn't configure all the options like on our demo website.
If you really need more than 2 levels of categories, the only solution for now is to create one menu per category in the joomla menu manager and use a standard joomla menu module which allows you to do that for menus. Otherwise, you can also code such module for HikaShop but you will need a strong grasp of HTML/CSS/JS/PHP to do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 day ago #26524
by duponsa
Replied by duponsa on topic Re: Category menu with slider - like on demo site.
Thank you for your help Nicolas, I will try to code a menu that pulls all the categories and sub-categories dynamically.
and again thanks to you and your team for HikaShop.
and again thanks to you and your team for HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds