- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 0
Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
15 years 8 hours ago #26619
by joelstad
Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names? was created by joelstad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 hour ago #26625
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
The google checkout plugin only sends to google checkout the total amount of the order. That's why you don't have the details of the order in the google checkout plateform.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26653
by joelstad
Replied by joelstad on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
Customers are saying it looks/feel suspicious because the itemized list they see on Google is nothing like the itemized list they agreed to purchase in the shopping cart of Hikashop. How difficult would it be to pass the item names to Google during checkout?
--Joel
--Joel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26658
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
If it's just the name of the products, you can change the code:
'.JText::_('CART_PRODUCT_TOTAL_PRICE').' #'.$order->order_id.'
of the file plugins/hikashoppayment/googlecheckout.php
in order to set the products name (and quantity) instead of just the order id.
'.JText::_('CART_PRODUCT_TOTAL_PRICE').' #'.$order->order_id.'
of the file plugins/hikashoppayment/googlecheckout.php
in order to set the products name (and quantity) instead of just the order id.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26692
by joelstad
Replied by joelstad on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
So, I've been working on this for a couple of hours and I've got nothing so far (other than a ton of errors in my integration console).
I've been looking at cart.php in com_hikashop/views/checkout... and I can see how the items are being listed there along with the unit price and quantity but these variables don't work in the checkout module. I'd like the quantity, product name and unit price to work correctly so it looks less suspicious during checkout but I can't figure out how to display them.
Can you give me any more hints?
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it. I'm trying to get it on my own, just not having luck.
--Joel
I've been looking at cart.php in com_hikashop/views/checkout... and I can see how the items are being listed there along with the unit price and quantity but these variables don't work in the checkout module. I'd like the quantity, product name and unit price to work correctly so it looks less suspicious during checkout but I can't figure out how to display them.
Can you give me any more hints?
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it. I'm trying to get it on my own, just not having luck.
--Joel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26693
by joelstad
Replied by joelstad on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
Oh, and I'm pretty sure changing the item name messes with
on line 293 later. Do I need to worry about line 307 and 308 if I change the item name?
--Joel
Code:
function parseResponse(&$xml) {
Code:
if( preg_match('/<item-name>.* #(.*)<\/item-name>/iU', $xml, $ggreg) ) {
$vars['order-num'] = trim($ggreg[1]);
--Joel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26697
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
You need to add the name and quantity of the products but you need to keep the order id in there.
Maybe it would be simpler to put that in the item-description.
Here is a piece of code you might wanna try (I didn't test):
$description = '';
foreach($order->cart->products as $product){
$description.=$product->order_product_quantity.' '.$product->order_product_name.'<br/>';
}
and then change <item-description></item-description> to <item-description>'.$description.'</item-description>
Maybe it would be simpler to put that in the item-description.
Here is a piece of code you might wanna try (I didn't test):
$description = '';
foreach($order->cart->products as $product){
$description.=$product->order_product_quantity.' '.$product->order_product_name.'<br/>';
}
and then change <item-description></item-description> to <item-description>'.$description.'</item-description>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26773
by joelstad
Replied by joelstad on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
Excellent, with this I was able to work through it. Here is what I changed:
The last issue is, as you can see above, I had to manually set the shipping cost. Is there a way to make this dynamic as well? Other than that, it appears to be working correctly. (image attached)
Also, to support the project and support, I'll be purchasing the business version of HikaShop within the hour. Thanks again for everything!
--Joel
Code:
$data = '<'.'?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?'.'>'."\n";
$data .= '<checkout-shopping-cart xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2"><shopping-cart><items>';
foreach($order->cart->products as $product){
$data .= '<item><item-name>Order #'.$order->order_id.' - '.$product->order_product_name.'</item-name><item-description></item-description><unit-price currency="'.$currency->currency_code.'">'.$product->order_product_price.'</unit-price><quantity>'.$product->order_product_quantity.'</quantity></item>';
}
$data .= '<item><item-name>Order #'.$order->order_id.' - Shipping</item-name><item-description></item-description><unit-price currency="'.$currency->currency_code.'">7.95</unit-price><quantity>1</quantity></item>';
$data .= '</items></shopping-cart><checkout-flow-support><merchant-checkout-flow-support/></checkout-flow-support></checkout-shopping-cart>';
The last issue is, as you can see above, I had to manually set the shipping cost. Is there a way to make this dynamic as well? Other than that, it appears to be working correctly. (image attached)
Also, to support the project and support, I'll be purchasing the business version of HikaShop within the hour. Thanks again for everything!
--Joel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26792
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
The shipping price can be accessed in the variable:
$order->order_shipping_price
$order->order_shipping_price
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26809
by joelstad
Replied by joelstad on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
Thanks!
Upgraded to essential last night and lost my changes. Realized it was essential and not business (doh) and ordered the upgrade and lost my changes again, lol. Now, I think I'm good to go. Thanks for all the help!
--Joel
Upgraded to essential last night and lost my changes. Realized it was essential and not business (doh) and ordered the upgrade and lost my changes again, lol. Now, I think I'm good to go. Thanks for all the help!
--Joel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #26810
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Google Checkout Issue - Missing product names?
You might want to replace googlecheckout to something else everywhere in the files of the plugin and install that modified version so that it is not overwritten when you update HikaShop in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds