- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
Error while sending XML to UPS. Error code: 111030
I am trying to get UPS to work and all I get is the following error message: Error while sending XML to UPS. Error code: 111030. Message: Packages must weigh more than zero pounds.
I have set the dimensions and the weight to 1.5 lbs
AM I doing something wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No one had such error so far. It must come from the way you setup the plugin or your products. Could you do screenshots of these so that we can see how you set them up ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Shipping method
UPS Ground $32.28
This is the UPS Description Page
No estimated delivery date
No delivery hour
UPS Second Day Air $56.10
This is the UPS Description Page
Estimated delivery date: 2 days after shipping it
No delivery hour
Please make sure that you have a weight set for the product you have in your cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's working fine for me and I used the product to which you gave me the link in your email. I kept the address that you already had put in the account you provided.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 0
I am setting up UPS and I am getting this error as well now.
"Error while sending XML to UPS. Error code: 111030. Message: Packages must weigh more than zero pounds."
I have this error for any products 1oz or less, but I have other individual products that are 5oz and this error doesn't come up (I'm assuming the programming rounds up anything under a pound to 1 pound?)
I'm not sure what to do. I can't set these items to more weight because if people order a large group of them (it happens a lot) then the weight is very unbalanced for what they are buying. Any idea why this is happening? I entered products in, in the same way so I don;t think it's a data entry error...
I did try to add 16 1oz items to the cart... even 36 1oz items and still get the same result. I know the cart takes measurements down to a single gram? This seems odd...
Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please make sure that the main weight unit (the first one in the field) of the configuration is oz and not something else to avoid conversions and thus increase the rounding issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 0
Oddly enough, no matter what qty I use at 1oz... 2, 4, 8, 12, etc it doesn't do anything to bump the weight up enough to make the order OK, so qty doesn't seem to affect weight. i find that odd and concerning.
Another note, by default I have a rule that it's a $10 minimum to use UPS and each item is $5.99, so if I add one item, I only get a fixed USPS flat rate custom shipping option of $5.50. So by adding 2 items to the cart, it puts the total order to $12.98 and the weight to double one item. So at 1oz for 2 items, it's 2 oz and won't work. Yet when I put the weight to 2oz at 2 items it's 4 oz and UPS accepts it. But if I add any quantity of 1oz items it balks at it.
Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. Go into your ups plugin and select YES on Group packages
2. Go to your products and change the weight setting to .5 LBS
3. Add dimensions. 10 inches x 4 inches x 10 inches. What ever the actual dimension is.
I had to test a configuration with just one item and no options. I kept testing until I found a setting that worked. Once you get it to work, then add an option and if you get the error, fix the option with #2 & #3 above. Doing this should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 0
The problem is my items are small and none are really even an ounce. They are guitar picks. I want to use UPS for customers who want packages quicker than USPS and are willing to pay for it. The size for each item is like 6" x 3.5" x .25" so they are tiny and light, but $5.99 each. Its not uncommon for customers to order 10 Packs so setting them to half a pound each isn't realistic. I'm planning on offering USPS but I'd really like UPS to work as well...
Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In UPS, you set it to use lb. So you should have the main weight unit as lb and the products weight as lb too. That way, no conversion will occur at all and you should not have a problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.