- Posts: 65
- Thank you received: 0
Show all Products in product content module?
14 years 11 months ago #28042
by soheilom
Show all Products in product content module? was created by soheilom
Hello
I have a content module showing products. However It only shows 8 products since I specified number of items:8 . But what i want is for it to show 8 items per page and show all products in other pages (like if there was 80 products, there would be 10 pages) . Right now it only show 8 random products and it doesnt show the pagination to display other pages?
How do I do this?
I have a content module showing products. However It only shows 8 products since I specified number of items:8 . But what i want is for it to show 8 items per page and show all products in other pages (like if there was 80 products, there would be 10 pages) . Right now it only show 8 random products and it doesnt show the pagination to display other pages?
How do I do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28071
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
Hi,
Modules cannot display products in several pages. You can only do that with a menu. So you should create instead a products listing menu:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...d.html#products_menu
Modules cannot display products in several pages. You can only do that with a menu. So you should create instead a products listing menu:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...d.html#products_menu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28073
by soheilom
Replied by soheilom on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
No, but I cant, I had a menu before and I had to change it to a module because the menu appears in the default position and I need it to appear in a specific position, not the default..?¿ how can I do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28082
by soheilom
Replied by soheilom on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
Ok I manages to change the default location in my main template and now I got the Menu with product listings showing in the right position. But still no pagination, only one page shows and no options for other pages?? I can only find pagination in general display, is there anywhere else I need to set it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28104
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
Please stop posting about the same problem on several threads.
A module cannot have several pages, it's not meant for that. Menus should be used to display listings of products with several pages. One thing I just thought of would be to use the carousel mode:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=103&lang=en
With it, you can have several slides on your modules (a bit like pages but everything is loaded on the page and the switch from one slide to the other is done via javascript).
A module cannot have several pages, it's not meant for that. Menus should be used to display listings of products with several pages. One thing I just thought of would be to use the carousel mode:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=103&lang=en
With it, you can have several slides on your modules (a bit like pages but everything is loaded on the page and the switch from one slide to the other is done via javascript).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28167
by soheilom
Replied by soheilom on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
Well Maybe the reason why I am posting about the same problem on several threads is because you are NOT answering my question..?? Maybe I am not explaining my self correctly but none of my questions on different threads are being answered.
I have told you already before that I have a MENU of product listings, but "several pages" is NOT showing, only one page is showing. Do you understand? My issue is not with modules anymore, no more modules involved, only Menus. And as you say "Menus should be used to display listings of products with several pages" , but what I am saying is that I have a Menu and it is NOT showing several pages, my question is, why is this happening?
Please understand I am thinking about upgrading to a Business pack of Hikashop because that is what I need, but first I must make sure everything else works correctly, that is why I have questions, for example on another post I asked about product image sizes and again my question was not answered correctly (it seems as if you are not reading my questions) so I must ask again and again.
Thank you.
I have told you already before that I have a MENU of product listings, but "several pages" is NOT showing, only one page is showing. Do you understand? My issue is not with modules anymore, no more modules involved, only Menus. And as you say "Menus should be used to display listings of products with several pages" , but what I am saying is that I have a Menu and it is NOT showing several pages, my question is, why is this happening?
Please understand I am thinking about upgrading to a Business pack of Hikashop because that is what I need, but first I must make sure everything else works correctly, that is why I have questions, for example on another post I asked about product image sizes and again my question was not answered correctly (it seems as if you are not reading my questions) so I must ask again and again.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28175
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
If you don't see the pagination for a product listing menu, it's likely because the "random" option in hikashop option of your menu is turned on or that you have less products to display than the number you set in the "number of items" option of your menu (so there is only one page).
If you give a link to your menu I will be able to tell you exactly where to go and which option to check/set so that it works.
If you give a link to your menu I will be able to tell you exactly where to go and which option to check/set so that it works.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28184
by soheilom
Replied by soheilom on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
Unfortunately I cant give you a link because I am working on a local MAMP, I am doing the testing here before I purchase the business package for Hikashop. However there seems to be more and more problems.
Now I have several pages showing (the problem was the "Random" option was clicked), thank you.
But now I have another problem. When I go to next page, on top of the products some products for a category are showing. Because I have a category list module and it seems that when I go to next page, then the category module is automatically showing some products from a specific category on top of my other general products from the products menu. I dont want this to happen obviously. What is going on? why is it automatically showing some porducts for a category? this also happens when I choose a specific product, on the product page, also some products from a specific category are showing. And the weird thing is if I click on any of those products (the ones shown automatically from a specific category) I get a "404 Article not found" Error. Please help. If you need I can send you some image captures.
Now I have several pages showing (the problem was the "Random" option was clicked), thank you.
But now I have another problem. When I go to next page, on top of the products some products for a category are showing. Because I have a category list module and it seems that when I go to next page, then the category module is automatically showing some products from a specific category on top of my other general products from the products menu. I dont want this to happen obviously. What is going on? why is it automatically showing some porducts for a category? this also happens when I choose a specific product, on the product page, also some products from a specific category are showing. And the weird thing is if I click on any of those products (the ones shown automatically from a specific category) I get a "404 Article not found" Error. Please help. If you need I can send you some image captures.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28194
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
Yes, that would help if you could give some screenshots.
When the option "content syncrhonization" of a module is turned on, the module will display automatically the products/categories of the currently displayed category. That might be why you're seeing such behavior.
When the option "content syncrhonization" of a module is turned on, the module will display automatically the products/categories of the currently displayed category. That might be why you're seeing such behavior.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28205
by soheilom
Replied by soheilom on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
Yes, when I set "content Sync" off for the module Associated products listing for category listing menu 165 then no images show for categories anywhere?? but this is obviously not what I want. Where should I turn OFF the Sync?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28207
by soheilom
Replied by soheilom on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
Attached is a image capture of the product page. You can see that there are 3 thumbnails of products on the top which shouldn't be there, and these links for the thumbnails don't even work. If I set the sync OFF as I told you, the thumbnails don't appear in the product page but they dont appear anywhere, not even when I search in the category list. what to do??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28210
by soheilom
Replied by soheilom on topic Re: Show all Products in product content module?
OK I think I fixed it! 
the problem was in the "Associated products listing for category listing menu 165" module the "content on product page" was set to "in the same categories" so I changed it to "related products".
the problem was in the "Associated products listing for category listing menu 165" module the "content on product page" was set to "in the same categories" so I changed it to "related products".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds