- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 1
how to style menu
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #28636
by sue.b
how to style menu was created by sue.b
The categories are listing properly in the space designated by my joomla template. It is a column 150px wide.
But---they are being listed in 2 columns and all I want is a list with no images. (I could live with the images part, but I really just want a list with the words written out horizontally with no word wrap.) The little containers for the category names are tall and narrow. I want them as wide as the 150px column.
Where should I look to change the styling?
Addendum: Now that I look more closely, I think that my listing of categories is supposed to appear in the larger component area in my template. What I want is the list type of menu in the narrow column. I just looked at some support documentation and realized I need to make a separate menu for the category items. That would answer my question!
But---they are being listed in 2 columns and all I want is a list with no images. (I could live with the images part, but I really just want a list with the words written out horizontally with no word wrap.) The little containers for the category names are tall and narrow. I want them as wide as the 150px column.
Where should I look to change the styling?
Addendum: Now that I look more closely, I think that my listing of categories is supposed to appear in the larger component area in my template. What I want is the list type of menu in the narrow column. I just looked at some support documentation and realized I need to make a separate menu for the category items. That would answer my question!
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sue.b. Reason: additional thoughts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28645
by Vendor
Replied by Vendor on topic Re: how to style menu
You can build a standard joomla menu and then when you add the hikashop items choose type = product page > select a product, assuming you wish to display a single item.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28654
by Vendor
Replied by Vendor on topic Re: how to style menu
If you're using the hikashop content module you could change the 'Type of layout' to 'list' rather than 'div'.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #28662
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: how to style menu
You can look at that tutorial on the different ways of displaying your products/categories:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html
It can be either via menu items or via modules.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html
It can be either via menu items or via modules.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds