Skip to main content

Dual pricing

More
15 years 9 months ago #2891 by Derma
Dual pricing was created by Derma
Is there support for dual pricing (wholesale/retail) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2892 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual pricing
You can set several prices based on the minimum quantity purchased in each product: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...uct-form.html#prices

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2893 by Derma
Replied by Derma on topic Re: Dual pricing
Not quite what I had in mind. I would need to levels, one that retail clients see only and the other for wholesale. the wholesale pricing is to only bee seen by authorized buyers and not public.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2895 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual pricing
So you want limitations based on the user group. It is not yet possible.

That is something we want to work on this month with the support of Joomla ACLs by HikaShop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2898 by Derma
Replied by Derma on topic Re: Dual pricing
I would prefer to not have to install anything else but simply have a user option pricing that could be admin controlled. Meaning that the store admin could issue the user either as a retail client or a wholesale client.

OSC, Zencart and many others do this and is called wholesale pricing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2901 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual pricing
Yes. You will just have to have two joomla groups for your users. That is something supported by joomla. By default joomla 1.5 cannot create new groups and if you don't want to use the default groups you will indeed have to install an ACL component. But with joomla 1.6 right behind the corner, it will be possible to do all that without any additions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #2955 by bthayer
Replied by bthayer on topic Re: Dual pricing
I also need this ability. Can it be done with Community Builder from Joomlapolis? If so, would there be a tutorial? I am a business owner, not a developer.

Maybe the solution is to have wholesale buyers enter a coupon that is linked to them? Then I would need a new coupon for each wholesale customer. That doesn't sound practical either does it?
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by bthayer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2965 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual pricing
You could indeed use coupons to give rebates to the users to whome you give the coupons code. Now, it doesn't solve all the situations unfortunately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3110 by jpurch
Replied by jpurch on topic Re: Dual pricing
Using coupons isnt exactly "clean" either. I want to implement something similar, but I have a feeling the people that manage the accounts will not enjoy seeing a "discount" for every transaction.

Hmmm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3111 by jpurch
Replied by jpurch on topic Re: Dual pricing
How far away do you think something like this will be available? I am looking to implement HikaShop for a business but they will most definietly need different pricing for different user groups. If I can advise that it will be available further down the track, they will probably be able to work around it temporarily.

Not to sound rude, but could I get a response sometime today? I need the information for a meeting tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3116 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual pricing
That's something we want to do this month.

Please understand that we are based in europe and you posted your message in the middle of the night for us ^^;

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3122 by jpurch
Replied by jpurch on topic Re: Dual pricing
Na that's fine, I was planning on checking it at night so I meant any time today. Thanks for the quick response. This will be very important for the business, having different prices for different user groups. Im thinking they may wait until this feature is enabled. Lets see how we go tomorrow! :)

Thanks for your quick response Nicolas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3137 by yossib54
Replied by yossib54 on topic Re: Dual pricing
On the product page, how do I show the "price for one unit" in addition for the "price for a minimum of x units"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3138 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual pricing
That's what should be displayed automatically.
Could you make a screenshot of the prices of your product and one of the result on the product page so that we can see your settings ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3140 by yossib54
Replied by yossib54 on topic Re: Dual pricing
I have attached the screenshots

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3141 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual pricing
Your prices are ok.
In the options of your module/menu, could you change the option "Price display method" to "Price range" instead of "Cheapest" ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3142 by yossib54
Replied by yossib54 on topic Re: Dual pricing
That was it!

I was sure I did that already but it must have been in configuration->display->default parameters for products
I assume this will only affect new modules when they are created and not existing ones which makes sense.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3144 by yossib54
Replied by yossib54 on topic Re: Dual pricing
it now shows more than one price even if there is only one price, how do I correct that?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3145 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual pricing
You're right, it's not really logical.

You can edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/currency.php near line 370 and change the code:
Code:
$rows[$k]->prices = array($min,$max);
to
Code:
if($min->price_value_with_tax==$max->price_value_with_tax){ $rows[$k]->prices = array($min); }else{ $rows[$k]->prices = array($min,$max); }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3148 by yossib54
Replied by yossib54 on topic Re: Dual pricing
There is one instance of $rows[$k]->prices = array($min,$max); in line 331 and one in line 431
Do I replace both?
Thank you for the amazingly quick response

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum