- Posts: 65
- Thank you received: 0
Product image from server
14 years 11 months ago #28993
by soheilom
Product image from server was created by soheilom
Hello,
I have an image gallery on my site
www.galeriadeartepedropena.com/gallery
and then on the shop I would like to use the same images that I already uploaded to the server for the gallery, instead of having the same images twice on the server (one for the gallery and one for the shop) is it posible to have the shop use the images for products from the gallery folder in the server instead of uploading them form my computer?
I have an image gallery on my site
www.galeriadeartepedropena.com/gallery
and then on the shop I would like to use the same images that I already uploaded to the server for the gallery, instead of having the same images twice on the server (one for the gallery and one for the shop) is it posible to have the shop use the images for products from the gallery folder in the server instead of uploading them form my computer?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #29010
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product image from server
Hi,
On the interface, there is only the possibility to upload the images from your computer.
You can't just use an image from somewhere else on your website.
On the interface, there is only the possibility to upload the images from your computer.
You can't just use an image from somewhere else on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 11 months ago #29011
by soheilom
Replied by soheilom on topic Re: Product image from server
mmmm.. OK. so I guess I have to have the same image uploaded twice on my server. Not the best for me since I will have more than 3000 images (x2 means 6000). But I guess there is no other choice.
thank you for your reply.
thank you for your reply.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #42256
by FranksBank
Replied by FranksBank on topic Re: Product image from server
Having found myself in the same situation as Soheilom and come looking for an answer, I have to say it's a bit disappointing that it isn't possible to use existing server images. Is it because of thumbnail processing? I'd like to recommend that the situation be given consideration for review in future development; addition of server browsing for product images would make things a lot easier for quite few users I think. Still a great system though!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42408
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product image from server
It's just that we didn't had the time to do the interface.
It's in the todo list and should be taken care of in the next few months.
It's in the todo list and should be taken care of in the next few months.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #42417
by FranksBank
Replied by FranksBank on topic Re: Product image from server
That's kind of what I thought; quite understandable. Keep up the great work!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #43300
by saraheagle
Replied by saraheagle on topic Re: Product image from server
This is one thing that is stopping me switching from VM!
I need to build another shop in early May, do you know when this feature will be available?
Thanks
I need to build another shop in early May, do you know when this feature will be available?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43306
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product image from server
There is no ETA on that for now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds