- Thank you received: 0
How to display product title?
- corine57
-
Topic Author
Less
More
14 years 10 months ago #29252
by corine57
How to display product title? was created by corine57
Hi, Nicolas,
I am very new to Hikashop and trying to find my way around. Very impressed so far.
there is one simple thing I cannot get my head around, so I must be overlooking something.
I have a couple of products with characteristics, like a color for clients to choose from.
In my Hikashop config, I have set Add characteristic to product name set to NO, because otherwise, the default will be added to the product name before the client even selects a color. I did however enter the productname with color as prodct title for that specific characterisation product.
All is working fine, when viewing a product, it shows title, and when you do select a color, it shows the detailed productname (with color) and that shows up in the basket. I love that. Perfect.
BUT I also have a product with no charateristics at all. So it is just a simple product, with description, image, price, etc.
So, when you click on the title of that product to get to the product detail page, all is there, description, price, add to cart. Except the product title! It's just not there.
Where did it go?
Why doesn't it show?
can you explain?
kind regards,
Corine
I am very new to Hikashop and trying to find my way around. Very impressed so far.
there is one simple thing I cannot get my head around, so I must be overlooking something.
I have a couple of products with characteristics, like a color for clients to choose from.
In my Hikashop config, I have set Add characteristic to product name set to NO, because otherwise, the default will be added to the product name before the client even selects a color. I did however enter the productname with color as prodct title for that specific characterisation product.
All is working fine, when viewing a product, it shows title, and when you do select a color, it shows the detailed productname (with color) and that shows up in the basket. I love that. Perfect.
BUT I also have a product with no charateristics at all. So it is just a simple product, with description, image, price, etc.
So, when you click on the title of that product to get to the product detail page, all is there, description, price, add to cart. Except the product title! It's just not there.
Where did it go?
Why doesn't it show?
can you explain?
kind regards,
Corine
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #29266
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to display product title?
Hi,
Well, the problem name should be displayed as well. Could you give a link to that product page so that we can see the problem ?
Well, the problem name should be displayed as well. Could you give a link to that product page so that we can see the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- corine57
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 10 months ago #29275
by corine57
Replied by corine57 on topic Re: How to display product title?
ofcourse:
www.hengelsportgouda.nl/joomla17/webshop.../category_pathway-17
thanks for helping!
Corine
www.hengelsportgouda.nl/joomla17/webshop.../category_pathway-17
thanks for helping!
Corine
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- corine57
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 10 months ago #29276
by corine57
Replied by corine57 on topic Re: How to display product title?
and this is one of a product with colors selection, which does have a title:
www.hengelsportgouda.nl/joomla17/webshop.../category_pathway-20
www.hengelsportgouda.nl/joomla17/webshop.../category_pathway-20
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #29294
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to display product title?
If you set a name for that product, the only reason it wouldn't display would be because you changed the code in the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views.Is that the case ?
If not, could you give a back end access to your website so that we can check on the problem ?
If not, could you give a back end access to your website so that we can check on the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- corine57
-
Topic Author
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 10 months ago #29330
by corine57
Replied by corine57 on topic Re: How to display product title?
Oh, syou are SO right!
I thought I had put all my changes to back to the original, but apparently I didn;t.
it is working fine now!
thank you!
I thought I had put all my changes to back to the original, but apparently I didn;t.
it is working fine now!
thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds