- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
add to cart not staying on current page
15 years 9 months ago #2957
by ginadavis
add to cart not staying on current page was created by ginadavis
Hi! I'm beginning to love your software. And I'm about to buy the essential version.
However, I just have some few questions before I purchase:
1. My clients requests to not to have a client login when purchasing. Instead, he wants only to have a contact details. How can I achieve this?
2. Everytime I add a product on cart, it automatically redirects to checkout. How can I make it stay on the current page and have a pop-up notice about the new added products just like what you have on your site? I experimented on the 'After a product is added to the cart'..etc . but nothing happens.
3. How can I add the shipping option on checkout progress, again, just like on your site.
thanks and more power.
Gina
However, I just have some few questions before I purchase:
1. My clients requests to not to have a client login when purchasing. Instead, he wants only to have a contact details. How can I achieve this?
2. Everytime I add a product on cart, it automatically redirects to checkout. How can I make it stay on the current page and have a pop-up notice about the new added products just like what you have on your site? I experimented on the 'After a product is added to the cart'..etc . but nothing happens.
3. How can I add the shipping option on checkout progress, again, just like on your site.
thanks and more power.
Gina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #2969
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: add to cart not staying on current page
Hi,
1. In the configuration, under the tab display, you have the option
"registration" in commercial versions of HikaShop. If you set it to
"no registration", the password, name and username fields used for the
joomla registration will be removed and the user won't be registered
on the checkout. You might want to change the translation strings as
well in the configuration under the tab languages
2. In the configuration, under the tab display, you have the option
"After a product is added to the cart" which you can set to "stay and
display a popup". It's strange that it didn't work for you. Maybe you have a javascript error on your page which prevent the HikaShop javascript code to work properly ?
3. You need to go to System->Shipping methods and select the manual
shipping methods plugin. There you can add your shipping methods.
Also, you need to set a weight in your products. Otherwise, the system
will consider the products as virtual goods and won't display the
shipping options on the checkout.
1. In the configuration, under the tab display, you have the option
"registration" in commercial versions of HikaShop. If you set it to
"no registration", the password, name and username fields used for the
joomla registration will be removed and the user won't be registered
on the checkout. You might want to change the translation strings as
well in the configuration under the tab languages
2. In the configuration, under the tab display, you have the option
"After a product is added to the cart" which you can set to "stay and
display a popup". It's strange that it didn't work for you. Maybe you have a javascript error on your page which prevent the HikaShop javascript code to work properly ?
3. You need to go to System->Shipping methods and select the manual
shipping methods plugin. There you can add your shipping methods.
Also, you need to set a weight in your products. Otherwise, the system
will consider the products as virtual goods and won't display the
shipping options on the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #2972
by ginadavis
Replied by ginadavis on topic Re: add to cart not staying on current page
I followed the instructions for question #2 and #3 still nothing happens
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #2974
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: add to cart not staying on current page
For #2, could you give the URL of your website so that we can have a look ? If it's a javascript error we will be able to see it right away.
For #3, you should follow our FAQ on shipping methods display: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ual-listing.html#faq You must be missing something somewhere.
For #3, you should follow our FAQ on shipping methods display: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ual-listing.html#faq You must be missing something somewhere.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #2975
by ginadavis
Replied by ginadavis on topic Re: add to cart not staying on current page
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by ginadavis.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #2976
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: add to cart not staying on current page
It's normal it doesn't work. You aren't using the hikashop normal "add to cart" button but an image with a link you added yourself to the view. That's why it doesn't work. You should have kept the standard code of the "add to cart" button and just customize it with some CSS to set your image as background of the button and obtain the same look.
You can also use your own code and still achieve the same effect but then you need to call our javascript function in your link like this
and in the href just put #
You can also use your own code and still achieve the same effect but then you need to call our javascript function in your link like this
Code:
onclick="return hikashopModifyQuantity(\''.$this->row->product_id.'\',null,1,0);"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3066
by ginadavis
Replied by ginadavis on topic Re: add to cart not staying on current page
where can I locate the css of 'add to cart'.? I believe article pages on joomla doesn't accepts javascript. thanks again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3069
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: add to cart not staying on current page
Hi,
The CSS of HikaShop can be accessed in the configuration under the tab display in the area CSS.
Indeed, if you want to have the popup on an article, you would have to add the js hikashopModifyQuantity function directly to your template.
The CSS of HikaShop can be accessed in the configuration under the tab display in the area CSS.
Indeed, if you want to have the popup on an article, you would have to add the js hikashopModifyQuantity function directly to your template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds