- Posts: 98
- Thank you received: 3
How to restrict product availability by zone
I haven't found a way to zone products or categories - but maybe I'm missing something. Is this possible?
Conrad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, in your shipping methods, you restrict them so that they will be displayed when there is a volume.
Then, your users won't be able to checkout if they have such products in the cart. You can also create your shipping methods so that they are available or not based on the zone of the user and thus achieve a zone restriction for your products.
Then, however, if you want a different error message with a link to the distributor based on the products in the cart that will be more complicated. You will have to add some custom code in the checkout view step file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I guess this is just a wish a this stage....?
Conrad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, it does that for the whole store. Not for some categories only.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please add my request to the wish items.
Conrad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 13
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Using the new shipping system of HikaShop 2.2.x, it is possible to have a zone restriction.
By using the zone restriction and the category restriction, you can have a configuration which authorize of forbidden some products to be shipped in specific zones.
It is more in the "inclusion" way that by excluding a product for a zone.
Hope my explanation is clear enough.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 13
Not sure about what you mean with "category restriction".
I try to describe my case. Suppose that I have some products that can be sold from Italy to everywhere in the world except some countryes.
Example: a product can be sold in France but not in Russia.
I've setted shipping zones so that hikashop set me the correct shipping method when user go to checkout. But I don't understand how I can set it so that if a customer from France want to buy that product, he can do it, meanwhile a customer from Russia is adviced at least that he can't buy that product in his country.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
At this moment, I will recommend you the plugin "shipping price per product".
There is a feature which allow you to "block" a product for a specific shipping method.
By activating this option in your shipping configuration (manual shipping working better) you can afterwards configure prices for the shipping in the product edition (in the back-end, the plugin is not compatible with the front-end, for the moment).
This plugin has to be right published and contains a column "block" in order to forbidden a product for a specific shipping method.
If you have shipping methods per country (per zones), you can at this moment exclude a product for some shipping methods so, for some zones.
I think it will be easier for you to configure the system like that.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 13
I already saw the column BLOCK and asked what it stands for... Now I understand!
It seems work fine. Now when the russian customer goes to checkout an alert message says "There are 1 items in your cart which we cannot ship to you".
Thanks so much.
Hika rules, best cart solution!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The customer just don't have any shipping methods at all and he's stuck on Shipping page when checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It can possibly come from your Joomla template.
Try with the default template of Joomla and see if you get the error message.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tibility-issues.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My template seemed to have something similar with jdoc-message code, but it didn't work. So I just replaced it with <jdoc:include type="message" /> and now everything is fine!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.