Setup a pre order system
- nowherenowhere
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 10 months ago #29954
by nowherenowhere
Believe in Better
Setup a pre order system was created by nowherenowhere
Hi Guys,
I think this is THE BEST ecommerce solution I've come accross so far, and covers all normal uses pretty easily. Just one thng I would like to add - a way my clients can pre-order an item. I dont know where to even start - other than change the text from "No Stock" to pre-order but now that text is just static.... Are there any solutions out there to this question?
I've thought of 1. it could go through the cart (but it might get messy)
2. It could fire off an email and the order processed manually.
But I'm sure theres a better way
Please help - cheers
Brett
I think this is THE BEST ecommerce solution I've come accross so far, and covers all normal uses pretty easily. Just one thng I would like to add - a way my clients can pre-order an item. I dont know where to even start - other than change the text from "No Stock" to pre-order but now that text is just static.... Are there any solutions out there to this question?
I've thought of 1. it could go through the cart (but it might get messy)
2. It could fire off an email and the order processed manually.
But I'm sure theres a better way
Please help - cheers
Brett
Believe in Better
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #29972
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Setup a pre order system
Hi,
In next version of HikaShop, there will be a wait list system where people can asked to be contacted back when there is no stock for a product.
It's not exactly what you want but that might do the job.
In next version of HikaShop, there will be a wait list system where people can asked to be contacted back when there is no stock for a product.
It's not exactly what you want but that might do the job.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59188
by ag0g0girl
Replied by ag0g0girl on topic Re: Setup a pre order system
Can't I just setup a category for Pre-Order, and allow it to order without inventory? Doesn't matter to me that I will have to put a Pre-Order icon in description manually. I want the icon to be big enough for people to see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59234
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Setup a pre order system
There is no pre order system for now in HikaShop. It's not just about adding the button. All the logic behind in the algorithms need to be able to handle that. It will require proper development.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59252
by ag0g0girl
Replied by ag0g0girl on topic Re: Setup a pre order system
You probably mean if the order isn't paid in advance, and all the emails that need to happen after the order. I agree then.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds