- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Changing display name of 'manufacturer'
14 years 10 months ago #29978
by schemedia
Changing display name of 'manufacturer' was created by schemedia
I have tried this a few different ways, but can't seem to get the results I want.
the site I am building for my client doesn't really have a manufacturer, but they do have artists. I am hoping to find a way to change the display name (and subsequent filters, h1, menu items, etc) from 'manufacturer' to 'artist' - and then to have the option of displaying all the artists on the store landing page (the same way you would list the category list by manufacturer)
I have tried replacing every instance of 'manufacturer' 'manufacturers' 'MANUFACTURER' etc., with no luck, and have also tried just replacing the JText: - again with no luck. I see that the category name is pulled in to the h1 tag, but can't quite figure where I need to change this.
any help is greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance,
robb
the site I am building for my client doesn't really have a manufacturer, but they do have artists. I am hoping to find a way to change the display name (and subsequent filters, h1, menu items, etc) from 'manufacturer' to 'artist' - and then to have the option of displaying all the artists on the store landing page (the same way you would list the category list by manufacturer)
I have tried replacing every instance of 'manufacturer' 'manufacturers' 'MANUFACTURER' etc., with no luck, and have also tried just replacing the JText: - again with no luck. I see that the category name is pulled in to the h1 tag, but can't quite figure where I need to change this.
any help is greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance,
robb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #29992
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Changing display name of 'manufacturer'
Hi,
You don't have to change any code for that. The only thing you need to do is to override your translation file as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
You don't have to change any code for that. The only thing you need to do is to override your translation file as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #30009
by schemedia
Replied by schemedia on topic Re: Changing display name of 'manufacturer'
nicholas,
thanks for the quick response. I went in and changed the instances of 'manufacturer' and 'MANUFACTURER' in the language translation file, but still get the word 'manufacturer' showing up on my category listing page as the headline. is there another place I need to change it to have that show up as 'artist'?
(the name 'manufacturer' in the admin section has been replaced by 'artist' - thank you!)
thank you in advance,
robb
thanks for the quick response. I went in and changed the instances of 'manufacturer' and 'MANUFACTURER' in the language translation file, but still get the word 'manufacturer' showing up on my category listing page as the headline. is there another place I need to change it to have that show up as 'artist'?
(the name 'manufacturer' in the admin section has been replaced by 'artist' - thank you!)
thank you in advance,
robb
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by schemedia.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30019
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Changing display name of 'manufacturer'
Then, you're probably talking about the name of your main manufacturer category.
Go in the menu Products->Manufacturers and click on the Root link on the left. Then, edit your "manufacturer" category and change its name.
Go in the menu Products->Manufacturers and click on the Root link on the left. Then, edit your "manufacturer" category and change its name.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30021
by schemedia
Replied by schemedia on topic Re: Changing display name of 'manufacturer'
nicholas,
at first I was a bit confused by what you suggested, but then I found that I had to edit the category name for what I had changed to 'artist' (category 10)
now it works perfectly!

thank you for your time and help
robb
at first I was a bit confused by what you suggested, but then I found that I had to edit the category name for what I had changed to 'artist' (category 10)
now it works perfectly!
thank you for your time and help
robb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #34857
by pearcy
Replied by pearcy on topic Re: Changing display name of 'manufacturer'
I have a related question but couldn't quite figure it out.
I want to "hid" the MANUFACTURER_URL text and related URL. I was able to hide the actual URL by putting a ; before the line in the language file referenced above. (based on the file it looked like this is a comment out command).
However, I still don't know how to get rid of the MANUFACTURER_URL label that still shows on the front end. I didn't set up any "manufacture" categories. When I created a "manufacturer" and changed the name, it still didn't change the MANUFACTURER_URL text. I refreshed, emptied cache, refreshed, etc.
The html code behind the scenes is:
<span class="hikashop_product_url_main" id="hikashop_product_url_main">MANUFACTURER_URL</span>
If I missed it in this post please let me know or share with me how to "hide" this.
Thank you for the great cart.
I want to "hid" the MANUFACTURER_URL text and related URL. I was able to hide the actual URL by putting a ; before the line in the language file referenced above. (based on the file it looked like this is a comment out command).
However, I still don't know how to get rid of the MANUFACTURER_URL label that still shows on the front end. I didn't set up any "manufacture" categories. When I created a "manufacturer" and changed the name, it still didn't change the MANUFACTURER_URL text. I refreshed, emptied cache, refreshed, etc.
The html code behind the scenes is:
<span class="hikashop_product_url_main" id="hikashop_product_url_main">MANUFACTURER_URL</span>
If I missed it in this post please let me know or share with me how to "hide" this.
Thank you for the great cart.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by pearcy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #34858
by pearcy
Replied by pearcy on topic Re: Changing display name of 'manufacturer'
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by pearcy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds