Skip to main content

change text "Manufacturer URL" on product page

More
14 years 10 months ago #30016 by plumbingdeals
I would like to change "Manufacturer URL" that appears on product detail page when a url is added for the product. In Display>Views it seems to be the product/show.php, but I see this line of code in two places of that file and when I try to replace "Manufacturer_URL" it doesn't work.

What am I missing, please?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30028 by schemedia
hello
I just had a similar question - here is what steps I had to take to get it working:

www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...of-manufacturer.html

good luck!
robb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30031 by plumbingdeals
saw your post, but my issue is different, it deals with adding url's to products.

thanks anyway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30046 by nicolas
Any text in HikaShop can be changed by overriding its translation as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
There is no need to modify the view file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30053 by plumbingdeals
well that's what i thought, but i don't see "Manufacturer_URL" in the languages file, what section would it be in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30054 by nicolas
It's this one:
MANUFACTURER_URL="Manufacturer URL : %s"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30058 by phill104
A great tool for finding language strings, or any other string, is the excellent wingrep - wingrep.com/

Those of you that use Linux will be familiar with grep, this is the windows equivalent. It adds an item to the context menu so with a simple right click on a file or folder you cn let it search through for any string in any file or files in just a few seconds. It really is a time saver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30060 by plumbingdeals
FOUND IT!
I had looked there first, but was looking a front end areas.
Could you have done a better job of hiding it! Never would have thought it was so far down the list! :)

Thanks for the usual great support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum