- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
shipping address and custom field question
14 years 10 months ago #30230
by msf1995
shipping address and custom field question was created by msf1995
I'm just finishing up a my first site using HikaShop and have two items I can't get working. First, I need to have the option to enter a shipping address different from the billing address in the shopping cart.
Second - I want to put a text area in the shopping cart for customers to enter a message with their order. I saw how you did this in your demo site, but in mine I don't have a choice of tables - it defaults to address.
Are these two items not included in the free version?
Thanks
Second - I want to put a text area in the shopping cart for customers to enter a message with their order. I saw how you did this in your demo site, but in mine I don't have a choice of tables - it defaults to address.
Are these two items not included in the free version?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30237
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: shipping address and custom field question
The shipping address selection will display automatically when the system see sthat you have products to be shipped in your cart (they need to have a weight for that).
So it might be because you didn't set a weight in your products. Or, it could be that you removed the address view from the checkout workflow option of the configuration.
For your second point, that is indeed only available with the Business edition.
So it might be because you didn't set a weight in your products. Or, it could be that you removed the address view from the checkout workflow option of the configuration.
For your second point, that is indeed only available with the Business edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 121
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #34616
by bluetonguedesigns
Replied by bluetonguedesigns on topic Re: shipping address and custom field question
Is it possible on the checkout page, where the "NEW" button appears for a billing address, to make that a little more user friendly and be able to add a custom message there explaining that they have no address on file, please press the "NEW" button to add an address etc.
How can I do that because a lot of people seem to miss that NEW button sitting there by itself.
Cheers
How can I do that because a lot of people seem to miss that NEW button sitting there by itself.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34654
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: shipping address and custom field question
Hi,
There is an error message displayed when the user doesn't enter an address.
If you don't see it, that's because of your template which doesn't display error messages so you should do as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages
There is an error message displayed when the user doesn't enter an address.
If you don't see it, that's because of your template which doesn't display error messages so you should do as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds