- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
- JonnyDutch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 10 months ago #30554
by JonnyDutch
How to restrict variants in dropdown menu was created by JonnyDutch
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30556
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
No, not possible with the options available.
The only solution at the moment would be to create a characteristic display override as explained in the developer documentation, but that require PHP skills.
The only solution at the moment would be to create a characteristic display override as explained in the developer documentation, but that require PHP skills.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JonnyDutch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 10 months ago #30558
by JonnyDutch
Replied by JonnyDutch on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
Interesting because the older site that was developed also with hikashop seems to have this posiblity.
dni-tango.com/us/mens-products/product/s.../category_pathway-13
dni-tango.com/us/mens-products/product/s.../category_pathway-13
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JonnyDutch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 10 months ago #30720
by JonnyDutch
Replied by JonnyDutch on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
Hello:
I was wondering if you were able to discover the mystery of why out of stock variants are not displayed on one site and are displayed on the other.
Saludos.
I was wondering if you were able to discover the mystery of why out of stock variants are not displayed on one site and are displayed on the other.
Saludos.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30752
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
It's not a mistery.
Older versions of HikaShop were working like that.
But in some cases the merchant still wanted to display the variant even without a stock. So we change the system to allow that.
So I presume that your other website is using an old version of HikaShop.
Older versions of HikaShop were working like that.
But in some cases the merchant still wanted to display the variant even without a stock. So we change the system to allow that.
So I presume that your other website is using an old version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 8 months ago #35900
by expertbeginner
Replied by expertbeginner on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
I hope that the it's okay to resurrect this thread, but my query/request relates to it and it makes sense, to me at least, to use it for the sake of continuity.
Having purchased and upgraded to Hikashop Essential earlier today I have been scratching my head all afternoon trying to find to find a way to stop out of stock variants appearing on the drop down list. I was convinced that I had managed it before, this thread confirms that I had, and wanted to achieve the same again.
Is it possible to have this functionality restored but with the option of displaying or not?
What is the function of the 'Display out of stock products Y - N' option in 'Configuration->Display->Default parameters for products' ? In trying to resolve the above I've tried both Yes and No and not been able to see any changes. Was this the control for the above?
Regards,
Martyn.
Having purchased and upgraded to Hikashop Essential earlier today I have been scratching my head all afternoon trying to find to find a way to stop out of stock variants appearing on the drop down list. I was convinced that I had managed it before, this thread confirms that I had, and wanted to achieve the same again.
Is it possible to have this functionality restored but with the option of displaying or not?
What is the function of the 'Display out of stock products Y - N' option in 'Configuration->Display->Default parameters for products' ? In trying to resolve the above I've tried both Yes and No and not been able to see any changes. Was this the control for the above?
Regards,
Martyn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35957
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
Hi,
That option does not control the behavior of variants display in the dropdown.
If you want to not display a variant in a characteristic dropdown, you should just delete the variant. If you need it again at one point in the future, you can always create it again via the "manage variants" area of your products.
If you really don't want to display out of stock variants in characteristic dropdowns, you should write a characteristic display override as explained on our developer documentation.
That option does not control the behavior of variants display in the dropdown.
If you want to not display a variant in a characteristic dropdown, you should just delete the variant. If you need it again at one point in the future, you can always create it again via the "manage variants" area of your products.
If you really don't want to display out of stock variants in characteristic dropdowns, you should write a characteristic display override as explained on our developer documentation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 8 months ago #35995
by expertbeginner
Replied by expertbeginner on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the reply.
I discovered the use of the 'Yes' 'No' option sometime after posting the question. It hides the product when all the variants have no stock.
With regard to the regard to the variant drop down - the main issue with the current functionality is that if the first item in the list is out of stock then the message 'out of stock' gives the impression that the whole range is out of stock. The curious shopper may try to select an item from the list and find other variants in stock. It's not ideal having to depend on a customer's curiosity to check for in stock items.
I'll take a look at your suggestion.
Many thanks,
Martyn.
Thanks for the reply.
I discovered the use of the 'Yes' 'No' option sometime after posting the question. It hides the product when all the variants have no stock.
With regard to the regard to the variant drop down - the main issue with the current functionality is that if the first item in the list is out of stock then the message 'out of stock' gives the impression that the whole range is out of stock. The curious shopper may try to select an item from the list and find other variants in stock. It's not ideal having to depend on a customer's curiosity to check for in stock items.
I'll take a look at your suggestion.
Many thanks,
Martyn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 218
- Thank you received: 6
14 years 8 months ago #36996
by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
Im also interested in this..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44871
by mascagni
Replied by mascagni on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
Good afternoon,
I'm adding my question here because I think the original thread fits my needs (or question).
My business is selling "picture frames" and I have a situation like that (with HikaShop Starter 1.5.7):
each article have (at least) 2 variants (i.e. colors and dimensions), but not all dimensions have all colors and vice versa.
Variants
Dimensions: 10x15, 13x18, 15x20, 20x20
Colours: Pink, Green, Yellow, Red
Example:
Article XYZ
Dimension: 10x15 > Colours: Pink, Green
Dimension: 13x18 > Colours: Yellow, Red
Actualy I can see all four colours for both dimensions, with the label "No Stock" for unavailable colours/dimensions.
For what I've read there is no way for me to show variants dropdown to show only available value (managed through variants menu in backend).
From my previous example: "if Dimension 10x15 is selected only show Yellow and Red inside Colours dropdown".
Is this true?
To solve my issue I think I need back the option of the old "HikaShop"?
Is there a way to re-implement it as an option?
Please let me know.
Waiting for your kind answer
Alessandro
I'm adding my question here because I think the original thread fits my needs (or question).
My business is selling "picture frames" and I have a situation like that (with HikaShop Starter 1.5.7):
each article have (at least) 2 variants (i.e. colors and dimensions), but not all dimensions have all colors and vice versa.
Variants
Dimensions: 10x15, 13x18, 15x20, 20x20
Colours: Pink, Green, Yellow, Red
Example:
Article XYZ
Dimension: 10x15 > Colours: Pink, Green
Dimension: 13x18 > Colours: Yellow, Red
Actualy I can see all four colours for both dimensions, with the label "No Stock" for unavailable colours/dimensions.
For what I've read there is no way for me to show variants dropdown to show only available value (managed through variants menu in backend).
From my previous example: "if Dimension 10x15 is selected only show Yellow and Red inside Colours dropdown".
Is this true?
To solve my issue I think I need back the option of the old "HikaShop"?
Is there a way to re-implement it as an option?
Please let me know.
Waiting for your kind answer
Alessandro
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by mascagni. Reason: some typos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45074
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to restrict variants in dropdown menu
The "old hikashop" way won't change anything to the fact that the available values in characteristics dropdowns is not dynamic.
Why not use a "table" display for your characteristics ? That way, you will have only the existing variants selectable. You can activate that with the corresponding option in the Display tab of the configuration.
Why not use a "table" display for your characteristics ? That way, you will have only the existing variants selectable. You can activate that with the corresponding option in the Display tab of the configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds