Skip to main content

Double Variant for products

More
14 years 10 months ago #30625 by grafikmania
Hello everybody and thank you for reading,
I've tried to find something similar to what I'd need to achieve but until now I had no luck, I hope someone could guide me in the right direction.
I'm using Joomla 1.7.2 with hikashop starter 1.5.4, I have some products where I need to create two set of variants.
Example, the main product is Photoframe, the first set of variants will have value referring to the colours, the other set will refer to the dimension of the frame.
I've created the list of value and created the variants of the product with these, but when I have to create the other variants with the colours I'm able to select just from the previous values of dimension.
Here is what I mean, set of values for the variants with dimension

then the other one with the charecteristic colour

Then I manage the variants in the product...

But I see just the values of the first variants...



I still can't find any solution, what I'm doing wrong?
Thank you again for reading and for your advice.


G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30673 by nicolas
Hi,

That's because you didn't add both characteristic at the same time.
In the documentation, we explain how to solve that problem:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics

1. Delete all the variants of the product on the listing of variants that you can access via the button "manage variants" on the product edition screen.
2. Delete the characteristics of the product.
3. Save the product.
4. Add the characteristics again.
5. The system will regenerate all the variants automatically and you should be able to see the dropdowns properly on the front end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30675 by grafikmania
Thank you very much Nicolas, I'll try as soon as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum