- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
Installation problem
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #30730
by codewarrior
Installation problem was created by codewarrior
Hi,
Congratulations for this great component that I'll buy since my site will be validated by my client.
But now, I'm driving crazy with the installation on my ISP site...
I've installed your component on a few local sites without any problem.
Now I'm getting the following errors :
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /var/www/---/httpdocs/tmp/install_4ecc2493aafdb
JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: /var/www/---/httpdocs/tmp/install_4ecc2493aafdb
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /var/www/---/httpdocs/tmp/install_4ecc2493aafdb
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
I made a chmod -R 777 httpdocs on the whole site and Hikashop doesn't install !
BUT others component like Akeeba DO !!!
Because all directories are writable, could you put me on the way to understand the problem ?
Thanks by advance.
Regards
Joomla 1.7.2 with Directory Permissions Writables especially /tmp
Congratulations for this great component that I'll buy since my site will be validated by my client.
But now, I'm driving crazy with the installation on my ISP site...
I've installed your component on a few local sites without any problem.
Now I'm getting the following errors :
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /var/www/---/httpdocs/tmp/install_4ecc2493aafdb
JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: /var/www/---/httpdocs/tmp/install_4ecc2493aafdb
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /var/www/---/httpdocs/tmp/install_4ecc2493aafdb
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
I made a chmod -R 777 httpdocs on the whole site and Hikashop doesn't install !
BUT others component like Akeeba DO !!!
Because all directories are writable, could you put me on the way to understand the problem ?
Thanks by advance.
Regards
Joomla 1.7.2 with Directory Permissions Writables especially /tmp
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by codewarrior. Reason: Precision added
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30754
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Installation problem
Hi,
You should try an install via FTP as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
That should help the install process on that problem.
You should try an install via FTP as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors
That should help the install process on that problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 10 months ago #30816
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Installation problem
Strange to do it that way ???
for information, the hikashop.zip was copied in /tmp
I just :
- unzipped it under Unix
- then tried Joomla Install from Directory -> same error.
I had to :
- chmod files and directories to 666 and 777 for having installation working
- clean /tmp directory
- do again chmod
It's quite a constrainst for an install and updates for your great component
May I remind you that Joomla updates and other components are installing well in my environment.
Could it be something specific in your installer ?
Thanks for help
Regards
for information, the hikashop.zip was copied in /tmp
I just :
- unzipped it under Unix
- then tried Joomla Install from Directory -> same error.
I had to :
- chmod files and directories to 666 and 777 for having installation working
- clean /tmp directory
- do again chmod
It's quite a constrainst for an install and updates for your great component
May I remind you that Joomla updates and other components are installing well in my environment.
Could it be something specific in your installer ?
Thanks for help
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30837
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Installation problem
We are able to install the package directly via the installer without any problems on our end. It must come from your server settings and the fact that the HikaShop package contains a lot of files compared to other extensions which means that the install process is a lot more resources hungry.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 10 months ago #30880
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Installation problem
If this can help for improvements, I've got the same installation problem with JCE and last Joomla 1.7 updates.
With regular installation, it hangs with .zip packages, but worked with .tar.gz packages
It's like if the Joomla unzip is having a writing problem.
Maybe you could provide a .tar.gz package of Hikashop ?
Regards
With regular installation, it hangs with .zip packages, but worked with .tar.gz packages
It's like if the Joomla unzip is having a writing problem.
Maybe you could provide a .tar.gz package of Hikashop ?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30922
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Installation problem
I don't think that it would be a definitive solution or even that it would change anything.
Do you see a difference on your end if you try to install with a tar.gz instead of a zip ?
You can easily convert your hikashop install package to a tar.gz with 7zip: www.7-zip.org/
Do you see a difference on your end if you try to install with a tar.gz instead of a zip ?
You can easily convert your hikashop install package to a tar.gz with 7zip: www.7-zip.org/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #31772
by Sera
Replied by Sera on topic Re: Installation problem
I had the same problem. On one server the components installed without issues form the zip package, on another server it wouldn't install with the mentioned error meessages.
I repacked the intall package into .tar and it worked.
Thought I'd post it here, so others having this problem find a solution.
I repacked the intall package into .tar and it worked.
Thought I'd post it here, so others having this problem find a solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #35556
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Installation problem
If this can help too, I made the manip to upgrade to 1.5.5 version.
I repacked the .zip in .tar, with 7zip and it worked like a charm !
It's simpler than FTP solution.
Strange problem ! Obviously not a permission problem on servers.
Regards
I repacked the .zip in .tar, with 7zip and it worked like a charm !
It's simpler than FTP solution.
Strange problem ! Obviously not a permission problem on servers.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35584
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Installation problem
Thank you for the feedback.
Then this one must be an issue between the Joomla zip extraction library and the server settings.
We'll add that possibility to our documentation.
Then this one must be an issue between the Joomla zip extraction library and the server settings.
We'll add that possibility to our documentation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds