- Posts: 217
- Thank you received: 1
additional product information
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #30819
by Mat
additional product information was created by Mat
Hi Nic,
I have several products that require additional information from the customer, specifically their Spouse's Name.
I was going to add this as an additional field to the checkout but I realise that not all products require this information, only some.
What is the best way to capture this additional information for these products?
Thanks,
Mat
I have several products that require additional information from the customer, specifically their Spouse's Name.
I was going to add this as an additional field to the checkout but I realise that not all products require this information, only some.
What is the best way to capture this additional information for these products?
Thanks,
Mat
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Mat.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30843
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: additional product information
Hi,
You can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields. They will be displayed on the product pages and you will be able to restrict them to only some categories of products.
That is only possible in the Business edition.
You can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields. They will be displayed on the product pages and you will be able to restrict them to only some categories of products.
That is only possible in the Business edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31471
by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Re: additional product information
I am working on this right now and not getting anywhere.
I have the business edition.
I went to item and create a custom field called test.
I checked the front end and back end form and back end listing options (not sure what they do)
and it is published.
Now how do I put it on a product?
I have the business edition.
I went to item and create a custom field called test.
I checked the front end and back end form and back end listing options (not sure what they do)
and it is published.
Now how do I put it on a product?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #31472
by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Re: additional product information
OK it showed up and now I understand it is not per product but per category. Is that correct? I can't show these fields per product but only per category?
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Mat.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #31473
by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Re: additional product information
OK how can I add a value to the custom field through ajax?
So when I add a product via url can i set the custom fields and characteristics some how?
It appears that the field I create at the item level gets added to the hikashop_cart_product
Would it be hard for you to modify the code to allow these custom fields to be changed via ajax?
or for me to change it in the code where would I look?
domain.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop...oduct_id=11&test=aaa
So when I add a product via url can i set the custom fields and characteristics some how?
It appears that the field I create at the item level gets added to the hikashop_cart_product
Would it be hard for you to modify the code to allow these custom fields to be changed via ajax?
or for me to change it in the code where would I look?
domain.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop...oduct_id=11&test=aaa
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Mat.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31480
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: additional product information
The custom fields "front end" option should be turned on to be displayed on the product page.
You can indeed only assign the custom fields to categories. However, you can always create a dummy category that you would leave unpublished and add that category to one product and to your field so that the field would be displayed only for that product.
You can add values for custom fields in the add to cart URL as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...s.html?lang=en#16220
For the characteristics, you need to give the id of the variant instead of the id of the product in the URL.
You can indeed only assign the custom fields to categories. However, you can always create a dummy category that you would leave unpublished and add that category to one product and to your field so that the field would be displayed only for that product.
You can add values for custom fields in the add to cart URL as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...s.html?lang=en#16220
For the characteristics, you need to give the id of the variant instead of the id of the product in the URL.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31482
by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Re: additional product information
Great, Thank you!!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31499
by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Re: additional product information
What does the core option do?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #31524
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: additional product information
It's just an indicator of whether the field is a field provided by default in HikaShop or not. Core fields cannot be deleted as the system might rely on them in some places.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds