- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
Virtual Products: Checkout Shows Shipping Address
Yet when I select the digital download, the checkout screen gives this error message at the top of the screen:
"Weight OR volume not found for the products in your cart"
How do I configure these products/shipping methods so that the error message doesn't appear and the shipping address isn't also on the same screen, i.e. make the system understand that it's digital?
I have Joomla! 1.5.23
Hikashop starter 1.5.4
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please remove the line:
$messages = 'Weight OR volume not found for the products in your cart';
from the file plugins/hikashopshipping/ups.php and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
var_dump($order->weight);var_dump($order->volume);
on the line before.
You can remove that too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
I have a similar problem:
I have books in a shop - some as Ebooks (Virtual Products).
At checkout Hikah shows "Shipping Address" AND Hikah also select a shipping-method and calculate shipping costs?
My setiings:
Auto select default shipping and payment methods -> YES
Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection -> YES
Force shipping regardless of weight -> NO
Show shipping 'same address' checkbox -> NO
Address selector -> LIST
I put the product-type of the products (ebooks) to -> VIRTUAL GOODS
You can check it out here:
www.gorinpianotales.org/order-your-books...idebook-for-teachers
(Second Button for Ebook)
or here:
www.gorinpianotales.org/order-your-books...idebook-for-teachers
Thanks for Help!
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If HikaShop shows the shipping address and shipping method selection interfaces, it means that either you entered a weight in the product of the cart or that you have the Force shipping regardless of weight option turned on.
There is no other reason.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks you are right, there was a weight typed in. Now Hikah calculates the right total end-price when a virtual product is in the cart!
BUT NOW I HAVE A STRANGE EFFECT:
Hikah has the right Total-Price but at the end of the checkout, when the Paypla-Website comes up, Paypal adds 20 $ shipping-fee by itself? Paypal only do that when I bought virtual products?
I attached screenshots?
I checked the options of the Paypal-Module but cant find a solutiion...
Thanks again, Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you please deactivate temporally the setting "send details of the order" in your paypal plugin configuration.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ent-paypal-form.html
Thanks to that, we will be sure that HikaShop will only send the order total to paypal and not the products details.
So, we will be also sure that HikaShop is not sending some shipping details to paypal.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
I tried to set "Send Details" to NO but it didnt help.
After that I tried to use my own Paypal-Adress for checkout (and not the Paypal-Adress of my customer) and then it worked fine and Paypal dont put own shipping-costs onto the virtual products!?
Could it be that my customer had made some settings directly at Paypal that generate tha problem and Hika wont be the reason for that problem?
Thnaks, Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should deactivate the shipping costs that you configured in your PayPal merchant account and then you won't get shipping fees added to the orders that you want to pay via PayPal.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.