Skip to main content

Email address, appending characteristic

More
14 years 10 months ago #31366 by RBGoldie
I have included a "Select Color" option in my characteristic list, which displays as the default, hence I don't want the product name to append it. Is there a way to get the color to append to the order and appear in the confirmation email without appending it to the product name on the product page before the cart?

Also, my customer emails still have the old name and email address from our development server but we are now using a different name and domain. How do I update this information. Already changed the email info in the Configuration section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31391 by nicolas
Hi,

You should activate that append option so that you get the name with the characteristic value everywhere.
Then, you should add the CSS below to hide the characteristic value on the product page:
.hikashop_product_name_main .hikashop_product_variant_subname{
display:none;
}

For the emails, you should edit them via the menu System->Emails and change the email address there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31445 by RBGoldie
Thanks. This worked, although there is a semicolon after the product name even when there is no characteristic appended to it. Can it be removed? Also, how do I add the customer's email address to the email message that gets sent to admin when an order is placed?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31463 by nicolas
No, the semicolon is added directly in the core and cannot be removed easily unless you change a core file of HikaShop.
You would need to edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php and change the line:

$variant->product_name = $variant->main_product_name.': <span class="hikashop_product_variant_subname">'.$variant->characteristics_text.'</span>';

For the user email on the admin email you can do like that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...n-invoice.html#29578

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31485 by RBGoldie
OK, thanks. I'm not going to hack the file, but thanks for your help.

My customer emails are not going out. They were working, but now they are not. Appreciate your help. Also, I'm trying to add the customers email address to the admin email with order information. Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31510 by nicolas
In next version, the semicolon will be moved to the span so that it will be removed when you hide that CSS class.

For the email address in the admin email, I already gave you the solution:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...n-invoice.html#29578

If the emails are not going out, you should first check if your other emails are working on your website. If yes, then it must come from the settings in the tab Email of the configuration of HikaShop. If no, then the problem comes from the main email settings in the configuration of Joomla.
The problem could also come from a modification you did in the emails if you did any. In that case, you can always revert your modifications via the trash icon on the Emails listing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31540 by RBGoldie
Thank you. I was able to get the email message to send. But I'm not able to get the customer's email into the admin email message. I just get the word "array" to display. And I tried several options. And I saw that there was a typo in your code. Any other idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31569 by nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31595 by RBGoldie
Didn't work. when I use this code and place an order online, instead of getting my normal "thank you/confirmation" page, I get the following. See image attached with screen capture.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31609 by nicolas
There is a typo in the code of that user.
It should be hikashop_get and not hiakshop_get.
Try with the same code but changing that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31626 by RBGoldie
No typo here:

$userClass = hikashop_get('class.user');
$userClass->get(false);
$user = $userClass->get($data->order_user_id);
echo $user->user_email;

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31647 by nicolas
So does it work now ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31651 by RBGoldie
No, unfortunately it does not work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31660 by nicolas
Do you get another error ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31664 by RBGoldie
There was no typo in the code I used, so the error message is the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31678 by nicolas
The error message in the capture you made was "Fatal error: call to undefined function hiakshop_get...". If you corrected the typo, it's not possible that you get the same error message since the typo was the cause of the error message.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31690 by RBGoldie
I got that error message without a typo in the code. I never put the code on my site with the typo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #31724 by nicolas
I can see the typo in your screenshot...
Anyway, if you don't have the typo and still the error message, maybe it's because you're using an old version of HikaShop ?
In that case, you should use hikashop::get instead of hikashop_get.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #31742 by RBGoldie
You made a valid point about the typo in the screen shot. I did it again and it worked. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum