- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Can't send registration mails to Yahoo addresses
I've installed Hikashop today and it works perfectly. My site is hosted for free on nuzoka.com and this servis has SMTP enabled. Anyway, I did some tests of purchases and the registration mail, order confirmation mail and so on are sent to any mail address except yahoo. After sending the check out form a confirmation message appears, but no mail is delivered to the yahoo address. This problem also affects the contact form of my small site. Does anybody know what the solution could be?
Thanks in advance.
This is the link to the site: ritacreazioni.nuzoka.com/index.php?optio...out=listing&Itemid=3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That is because your server has been flagged by yahoo email servers as a spam server. Yahoo spam filter is one of the most sensitive. I invite you to follow the advices in the documentation of AcyMailing related to spam issues:
www.acyba.com/fr/support/documentation/108-acymailing-spam.html
There are several ways you can improve your server spam score like for example setting up an SPF record in your DNS as explained on this link.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In your link I found this:
Make sure your server is not blacklisted
If your server is blacklisted, your e-mail will be considered as a spam e-mail.
You can make sure your server is not blacklisted on this website : www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
If you're server is blacklisted, you have two possibilities :
* Fix it! (usually it's a problem of reverse DNS)
* Use an external SMTP Server so your e-mails are not sent from your own server any more.
I'm not an expert... Can you please explain how I can use an external SMTP Server so that my mails are not sent from my own server anymore? What parameters should I set?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you want something free, you can use gmail's smtp server. You can find the smtp server information of gmail in the settings of your account.
You can configure your smtp settings for joomla in the joomla configuration and for hikashop in the configuration of hikashop under the tab mail.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In my Joomla configuration parameters I set:
Mailer: SMTP Server
Mail from: myemaia@gmail.com
From Name: My site
/usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP authentication: no
SMTP security: none
PORT: 25(465 doesn't work either)
SMTP username: myemail@gmail.com
Password: my password
SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com
In Hikashop email tab I set the bounce address to:
smtp.gmail.com
It doesn't work, though. I get "SMTP error : Connection to the SMTP host impossible.
Any solution? :dry:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.