- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Digital goods?
14 years 9 months ago #32284
by pot1906dk
Digital goods? was created by pot1906dk
Hi, I just downloaded the Starter version of this shop module. I have made it work almost as I want, but have this problem:
I am building a webshop for a musician, and his albums should be sold both as cd's and as mp3 downloads.
Currently I have all the cd's up and the payment process works, but I can't make the download versions work. I tried to create a product with an associated file, but when I buy it, I never get a link from where to download it. I only get a receipt saying that my order will soon be handled.
How can I make it work - or will I have to buy the Essential or Business version for this?
I am building a webshop for a musician, and his albums should be sold both as cd's and as mp3 downloads.
Currently I have all the cd's up and the payment process works, but I can't make the download versions work. I tried to create a product with an associated file, but when I buy it, I never get a link from where to download it. I only get a receipt saying that my order will soon be handled.
How can I make it work - or will I have to buy the Essential or Business version for this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32297
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Digital goods?
Hi,
You will get a second email with the link when the order will be confirmed, regardless of the version of HikaShop you're using.
If you don't get that second email and that the orders are not confirmed, it means that your payment gateway does not notify back to HikaShop that the payment has been made. That can happen because of the different issues listed here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
You will get a second email with the link when the order will be confirmed, regardless of the version of HikaShop you're using.
If you don't get that second email and that the orders are not confirmed, it means that your payment gateway does not notify back to HikaShop that the payment has been made. That can happen because of the different issues listed here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32304
by pot1906dk
Replied by pot1906dk on topic Re: Digital goods?
Thanks for quick help. You are right.
My problem was that I did not have a "My Account" on the page. So I could not visit the profile and fetch the file.
In the future I might upgrade to the Essentials version in order to allow users to buy without registering. How can they then download, when they do not have an account?
My problem was that I did not have a "My Account" on the page. So I could not visit the profile and fetch the file.
In the future I might upgrade to the Essentials version in order to allow users to buy without registering. How can they then download, when they do not have an account?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32334
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Digital goods?
Downloads of files cannot work without a user account being created.
You could use the "simplified registration" feature we have instead. Your users won't have to fill their username and password for their account and they will be attributed an account automatically.
You could use the "simplified registration" feature we have instead. Your users won't have to fill their username and password for their account and they will be attributed an account automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds