- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Category heading sometimes not appearing
My sub-category headings seem to display fine if I click through from the dropdown menu but if I go to the main category page then click a sub-category from the list the sub-cat page doesn't show any heading. Cannot figure out where I need to make an amend for this.
Here is the site...
kateaud.cloudaccess.net/
Any help appreciated. THanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Eg: when looking at 'Vintage Blouses' going from the dropdown menu gets you to...
kateaud.cloudaccess.net/vintage/vintage-blouses-2.html (which shows the title)
and going from the Vintage page and then clicking on the 'Vintage Blouses' icon on this page takes you to...
kateaud.cloudaccess.net/vintage/category...vintage-blouses.html (no title)
Have checked the menu options for this category and have display title turned on.
Any ideas where I'm going wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you use the latest version of HikaShop ?
I recall that there were some problems with menu titles on previous versions. Maybe that would explain the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can see your "vintage blouses" title there as well as in the page title.
For the title on the page coming from the "vintage" menu, you should make sure that the title option is turned on in that menu's options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's the menu "vintage" kateaud.cloudaccess.net/vintage.html "show the page title" option which should be turned on.
As I said, the menu "Vintage blouses"'s title is displayed properly here kateaud.cloudaccess.net/vintage/vintage-blouses.html
You're not looking at the options of the correct menu, that's why.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Tried this but then it's showing the heading for 'Vintage' whereas what I need is it to show 'Vintage Blouses'. The way I've got round it is to put a heading in the description of the 'Vintage Blouses' category and selected 'show description' and hide page title. Maybe I was trying to do something that wasn't possible. Thanks for all your help on it though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
kateaud.cloudaccess.net/accessories/cate...-pocket-watches.html
kateaud.cloudaccess.net/accessories/pocket-watches.html
Have double-checked all settings in menu options for 'pocket watches' and 'vintage blouses' and they are exactly the same but displaying differently. Is there anywhere else I should be checking to alter the settings for this apart from menu settings for 'pocket watches'?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You see 'Vintage' instead of 'Vintage Blouses' because in the hikashop options of your 'Vintage' menu, you didn't change the option "Use menu name instead of category name for the title".
On the page kateaud.cloudaccess.net/accessories/cate...-pocket-watches.html it's the module with the id 60 which displays your products so you should change the centering option of that module in its HikaShop options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.