- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
YouTube Content plugin in product description
- Renderking
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #32504
by Renderking
YouTube Content plugin in product description was created by Renderking
Hi!
I'm currently evaluating Hika Shop.
So far it looks quite promising that I finally found the Joomla Shop system which I need!
But for me it is essential that I can show YouTube videos in the Product listings - not just images.
So I use a content plugin for that where I write the tag in the product description.
Unfortunately it's not properly used. It just shows the tag.
But if I select the product where the same description is also shown the content plugin works fine.
I already tried the workaround trick from that one post where somebody had a similar problem with the category description 10 months ago, but this seem not to work for me.
I tried using this:
instead of this:
in the Product list_img_desc
I'm using the ThaiCodeGear YouTube Player content plugin as it is from my knowledge the only one which is directly implementing the YouTube player into Joomla.
I need the direct player from YouTube and not just any Flash Player.
So RokBox is not working for me. Also I realized that it has the same problem.
This is how my code looks like in the product listing:
... and here when the product is selected:
Does it has something to do that the plugin is creating an iframe ??? :huh:
Thanks for your help!
Best,
Jan.
I'm currently evaluating Hika Shop.
So far it looks quite promising that I finally found the Joomla Shop system which I need!
But for me it is essential that I can show YouTube videos in the Product listings - not just images.
So I use a content plugin for that where I write the tag in the product description.
Unfortunately it's not properly used. It just shows the tag.
But if I select the product where the same description is also shown the content plugin works fine.
I already tried the workaround trick from that one post where somebody had a similar problem with the category description 10 months ago, but this seem not to work for me.
I tried using this:
Code:
echo preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>.*#is','',JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->element->product_description));
Code:
echo preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>.*#is','',$this->row->product_description);
I'm using the ThaiCodeGear YouTube Player content plugin as it is from my knowledge the only one which is directly implementing the YouTube player into Joomla.
I need the direct player from YouTube and not just any Flash Player.
So RokBox is not working for me. Also I realized that it has the same problem.
This is how my code looks like in the product listing:
Code:
<!-- PRODUCT NAME -->
<span class="hikashop_product_name">
<a href="/index.php/hs-categories/product/1-anibal/category_pathway-12">
Anibal </a>
</span>
<!-- EO PRODUCT NAME -->
</h2>
<!-- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION -->
<div class="hikashop_product_desc" style="text-align: center;">
{tcg_youtube|view=FXf46N217Wg} </div>
<!-- EO PRODUCT DESCRIPTION -->
</div>
... and here when the product is selected:
Code:
</div>
<div id="hikashop_product_bottom_part" class="hikashop_product_bottom_part">
<div id="hikashop_product_description_main" class="hikashop_product_description_main">
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FXf46N217Wg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="240" width="400"></iframe> </div>
<span id="hikashop_product_url_main" class="hikashop_product_url_main">
</span>
<div id="hikashop_product_files_main" class="hikashop_product_files_main">
</div>
</div>
Does it has something to do that the plugin is creating an iframe ??? :huh:
Thanks for your help!
Best,
Jan.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Renderking
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #32508
by Renderking
Replied by Renderking on topic Re: YouTube Content plugin in product description
:laugh: Yeeeaaa!
Actually I have not much idea about PHP programming but I found the solution!!!
The code line must be this:
IT'S WORKING !!!
Cheers,
Jan.
Actually I have not much idea about PHP programming but I found the solution!!!
The code line must be this:
Code:
echo preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>.*#is','',JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->row->product_description));
IT'S WORKING !!!
Cheers,
Jan.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds