- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
Registration Form : text before it
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #32748
by codewarrior
Registration Form : text before it was created by codewarrior
Hi,
is it possible to display a text (explanations for custom fields) before the Registration Form ?
Does it have to be done modifying Hikashop php files ?
Would it be lost after an Hikshop update ?
Thanks
Regards
is it possible to display a text (explanations for custom fields) before the Registration Form ?
Does it have to be done modifying Hikashop php files ?
Would it be lost after an Hikshop update ?
Thanks
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32770
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration Form : text before it
Hi,
You can do that by creating a custom field of the type "custom text" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
It won't require any code modifications and won't be lost when you update.
I recommend that you use the 1.5.5 version for custom text custom fields as there were some bugs with it in previous versions.
You can do that by creating a custom field of the type "custom text" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
It won't require any code modifications and won't be lost when you update.
I recommend that you use the 1.5.5 version for custom text custom fields as there were some bugs with it in previous versions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #32825
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Registration Form : text before it
Good idea, but I would like to give explanations before the form, or before Joomla Name field, with templating possibilities.
1) could it be possible to include this form in an article (ie with a plugin ?) ?
2) otherwithe, which file should I modify, with a hard-coding text ?
Regards
1) could it be possible to include this form in an article (ie with a plugin ?) ?
2) otherwithe, which file should I modify, with a hard-coding text ?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32857
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration Form : text before it
In that case, you should edit the file "registration" of the view "user" via the menu Display->Views. You can add your text directly at the beginning.
That won't be lost during updates too as this view edition interface is compatible with the override system of Joomla and the modifications will be stored in your template's html folder.
That won't be lost during updates too as this view edition interface is compatible with the override system of Joomla and the modifications will be stored in your template's html folder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #32895
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Registration Form : text before it
Great !
I start to understand your templating system. Brillant !
But now I have a strange problem. When I click on Save, my registration.php returns to original !
If I edit it directly with FTP in my html's template folder, the font-end display is OK.
But...
When I edit the file again through Hikashop, I see my FTP modifications --> Fine
But, if I modify it again through Hikashop, when I click on Save, it returns to the FTP version !!!
Any clue ?
Thanks. Regards
Hika 1.5.4
I start to understand your templating system. Brillant !
But now I have a strange problem. When I click on Save, my registration.php returns to original !
If I edit it directly with FTP in my html's template folder, the font-end display is OK.
But...
When I edit the file again through Hikashop, I see my FTP modifications --> Fine
But, if I modify it again through Hikashop, when I click on Save, it returns to the FTP version !!!
Any clue ?
Thanks. Regards
Hika 1.5.4
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by codewarrior.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32915
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration Form : text before it
That can happen sometimes before of the code mirror editor used by the view edition system.
You can disable that code mirror plugin in the plugins manager and try again. That might help avoid the problem.
You can disable that code mirror plugin in the plugins manager and try again. That might help avoid the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #33018
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Registration Form : text before it
Hi, Nicolas,
if this can help, CodeMirror works perfectly on my production site (Linux) and has to be disabled on my local test site based on UWamp (Windows).
Before closing the subject, I have a complementary question :
When a user is not registered, adding something to cart brings to a Registration page.
This page has 2 areas : on the left the one for registered users and on the right, the one for new users.
1) what .php file is used for the left area ?
2) how to display a text before these 2 areas ?
Thanks for help.
Regard
if this can help, CodeMirror works perfectly on my production site (Linux) and has to be disabled on my local test site based on UWamp (Windows).
Before closing the subject, I have a complementary question :
When a user is not registered, adding something to cart brings to a Registration page.
This page has 2 areas : on the left the one for registered users and on the right, the one for new users.
1) what .php file is used for the left area ?
2) how to display a text before these 2 areas ?
Thanks for help.
Regard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33031
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Registration Form : text before it
Hi,
1. It's the file "login_form" of the view "checkout".
2. You can add your text near the beginning of the file "login" of the view "checkout".
1. It's the file "login_form" of the view "checkout".
2. You can add your text near the beginning of the file "login" of the view "checkout".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds