- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Units for (video) files
- Renderking
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #32754
by Renderking
Units for (video) files was created by Renderking
Hi!
I'm almost about to order Hika Shop Business ...
Now I'm trying to find out if I can adjust the details for my needs.
I wanted to change the Units, but it says
Do I have to set up all via the Characteristics or Custom Fields? (Currently trying to figure out how I use this)
It would be great if for downloadable products some information like file date, size, type, etc. is automatically derived during Upload or Import !!!
This would save me a lot time and work to read it from each file myself and type it in.
I'm sure I'm not the only person trying to setup a digital products web-shop. (Especially a good and convenient one with a cart, tax and currency system!)
Thanks for some answers on that,
Jan.
I'm almost about to order Hika Shop Business ...
Now I'm trying to find out if I can adjust the details for my needs.
I wanted to change the Units, but it says
How can I change that so I can use it for the data of my files?No valid dimension unit entered. The system put back the default units.
Do I have to set up all via the Characteristics or Custom Fields? (Currently trying to figure out how I use this)
It would be great if for downloadable products some information like file date, size, type, etc. is automatically derived during Upload or Import !!!
This would save me a lot time and work to read it from each file myself and type it in.
I'm sure I'm not the only person trying to setup a digital products web-shop. (Especially a good and convenient one with a cart, tax and currency system!)
Thanks for some answers on that,
Jan.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32772
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Units for (video) files
Hi,
Units are only for weight and dimensions. It does not apply to files, so you shouldn't change that.
You should indeed create custom fields of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields (commercial editions only) so that you can enter the information in your products edition page and display it on your product page.
Units are only for weight and dimensions. It does not apply to files, so you shouldn't change that.
You should indeed create custom fields of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields (commercial editions only) so that you can enter the information in your products edition page and display it on your product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds