- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
How to PayPal Payment Plugin and Sandbox?
14 years 9 months ago #33307
by xkonidis
How to PayPal Payment Plugin and Sandbox? was created by xkonidis
Hello,
Could somebody explain to me how could I use the normal PayPal payment Plugin ( NOT the Merchant Pro ) with sandbox for some tests ? Is it even possible?
For some reason I've created my paypal sandbox accounts etc but then I'm always getting an invalid credit card.
Should the www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr , be changed to the sandbox one or something?
Thanks in advance.
Constantine
Could somebody explain to me how could I use the normal PayPal payment Plugin ( NOT the Merchant Pro ) with sandbox for some tests ? Is it even possible?
For some reason I've created my paypal sandbox accounts etc but then I'm always getting an invalid credit card.
Should the www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr , be changed to the sandbox one or something?
Thanks in advance.
Constantine
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33324
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to PayPal Payment Plugin and Sandbox?
Hi,
Yes when you want to use the sandbox, you need to change the URL in the options of the plugin to www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Sometimes the PayPal sandbox account is not configured properly. You can ask the PayPal sandbox support if you have trouble using your sandbox account. They can check your account and help you with the setup.
Yes when you want to use the sandbox, you need to change the URL in the options of the plugin to www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Sometimes the PayPal sandbox account is not configured properly. You can ask the PayPal sandbox support if you have trouble using your sandbox account. They can check your account and help you with the setup.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33326
by xkonidis
Replied by xkonidis on topic Re: How to PayPal Payment Plugin and Sandbox?
Thank you very much Nicolas! I thought that was the case. 
Best regards,
Constantine
Best regards,
Constantine
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38477
by xkonidis
Replied by xkonidis on topic Re: How to PayPal Payment Plugin and Sandbox?
Hello, I am reopening this topic as I was trying to test the normal PayPal payment method with "
www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
" and for some reason as soon as I am finishing the order from my website, I'm getting redirected to PayPal, but PayPal redirects me back to my website without even loading a single page.
Any ideas on this?
Thanks in advance.
Any ideas on this?
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38636
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to PayPal Payment Plugin and Sandbox?
Please make sure that you're logged in to the PayPal sandbox website BEFORE trying to use the sandbox. Otherwise, PayPal won't allow you to use it.
Sometimes there are problems with sandbox accounts which prevent them to work properly. So you might want to contact PayPal if that doesn't help you make it work.
Sometimes there are problems with sandbox accounts which prevent them to work properly. So you might want to contact PayPal if that doesn't help you make it work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38675
by xkonidis
Replied by xkonidis on topic Re: How to PayPal Payment Plugin and Sandbox?
I found out that I had to use https:// infront of the sandbox address, everything is ok now 
" www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr " was not enough so www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr , made the trick work
Thanks nicolas
" www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr " was not enough so www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr , made the trick work
Thanks nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds