- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Intro text?
14 years 9 months ago #33469
by pot1906dk
Intro text? was created by pot1906dk
Hi. I have a Hikashop, displayed to visitors as a category list.
What users see when entering the shop is a list of all the available items. How can I add an introductory text above the item listing.
I Need to add something like "If your wanted item is not listed below......" right above the items, but there does not seem to be an intro-text available in the setup. How can I do this?
Ahh, and a Merry Xmas to everybody
What users see when entering the shop is a list of all the available items. How can I add an introductory text above the item listing.
I Need to add something like "If your wanted item is not listed below......" right above the items, but there does not seem to be an intro-text available in the setup. How can I do this?
Ahh, and a Merry Xmas to everybody
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33496
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Intro text?
Hi,
You can do that by turning on the "show description" option of your menu and by adding your text in the description of your main category.
Merry Christmas to you too
You can do that by turning on the "show description" option of your menu and by adding your text in the description of your main category.
Merry Christmas to you too
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33530
by pot1906dk
Replied by pot1906dk on topic Re: Intro text?
I'm not sure I get that!
I don't think that I have this option in my menu. I can set a Browser Page Header and a Page Header, that's all.
I don't think that I have this option in my menu. I can set a Browser Page Header and a Page Header, that's all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33533
by pot1906dk
Replied by pot1906dk on topic Re: Intro text?
AHHHH! Now i get it. I think I finally understand what you were saying.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50139
by budfox
Replied by budfox on topic Re: Intro text?
I have the same difficulty, but I don't have one single top-level category,I have four. So there's nowhere to put a description to sit above all four categories on my category listing page.
I could probably fix this with the 'modules anywhere' plugin but I wonder if there's a neater Hika Shop solution?
I could probably fix this with the 'modules anywhere' plugin but I wonder if there's a neater Hika Shop solution?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50187
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Intro text?
You should always have the "product category" category as the main category with the first level of main categories below it. That way, you can put your description in that main category.
If you directly use the Root category as the main category, that's problematic as you're not supposed to be able to use it nor edit it. You can edit it via phpmyadmin in the hikashop_category table and add your description in there. But I suppose that it will be nicer with a modules anywhere.
If you directly use the Root category as the main category, that's problematic as you're not supposed to be able to use it nor edit it. You can edit it via phpmyadmin in the hikashop_category table and add your description in there. But I suppose that it will be nicer with a modules anywhere.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50189
by budfox
Replied by budfox on topic Re: Intro text?
Ah that's brilliant Nicholas. I hadn't worked out that 'product category' was an editable top-level.
I always make the mistake of clicking on a category link rather than using checkbox/edit, so I had to go up to 'root' which I've never done before.
Once I've built my new store I'll make sure my client pays for a pro licence.
Kind regards
Steve
I always make the mistake of clicking on a category link rather than using checkbox/edit, so I had to go up to 'root' which I've never done before.
Once I've built my new store I'll make sure my client pays for a pro licence.
Kind regards
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds