- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Content module problem (nothing appears)
- countryalliance
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Am still trying to get used to Hika and have to say, I'm finding it fairly frustrating although I can see the enormous benefit with it's flexibility. I guess the learning curve is the hallmark of a great product!
One problem though. I'm trying to set up a content module and cart. I have been able to set the workflow up with the html code into an article and have successfully sent a payment to myself through Paypal.
However for some reason, I cannot get the content module to show anything (just blank). I've got the product, category and obviously the workflow processes set up, set a shipping weight (of one gram - purely notional) but have obviously done something wrong.... any guesses? I'm using 1.7 but assume there's no issue there....
I've put the module and cart (purely for demo reason) at:
www.countryalliance.org/index.php/our-party/join-us.html
Cheers
Neil.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have tried several settings.
Regards,
Erwin
countryalliance wrote:
:woohoo:Hi all
Am still trying to get used to Hika and have to say, I'm finding it fairly frustrating although I can see the enormous benefit with it's flexibility. I guess the learning curve is the hallmark of a great product!
One problem though. I'm trying to set up a content module and cart. I have been able to set the workflow up with the html code into an article and have successfully sent a payment to myself through Paypal.
However for some reason, I cannot get the content module to show anything (just blank). I've got the product, category and obviously the workflow processes set up, set a shipping weight (of one gram - purely notional) but have obviously done something wrong.... any guesses? I'm using 1.7 but assume there's no issue there....
I've put the module and cart (purely for demo reason) at:
www.countryalliance.org/index.php/our-party/join-us.html
Cheers
Neil.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If your content module is blank, it means that you configured your module's hikashop options to not display anything.
For example, if you set it to display products, and that you selected your main category as parent category but that you set the "sub element filter" option to "direct sub elements" instead of "all sub elements" and that you don't have products directly under the main category but only in sub categories of that category, it wouldn't display any product.
If you have trouble understanding all the options of the module, you can:
1. Look at the tutorials on our documentation
2. Look at the way we setup the modules on our demo website (the back end is accessible)
3. Use the Help button on the hikashop options page of your module to see an explanation for each option
4. Post a screenshot of your options so that we can see what you did and help you figuring what is the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- countryalliance
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
I'm still working on getting this right but now have a new problem. I'd like to get customer details without requiring them to login - by using the custom fields. The relevant custom fields I want are published, but I can't work out how to "turn them on" in the relevant page that I require without requiring a login.
The reason I don't want a login is that I believe people tend "not to bother" if the purchase sequence gets too complicated. Anyway, that's what I'm trying to achieve - get their address details without logging in.
The page where this sequence starts is at: www.countryalliance.org/index.php/our-party/join-us.html
I'd appreciate any help you can provide. If you accidentally pay me, I'll cancel the payment - just send me an email if you've done that.
Regards
Neil
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I see that you removed the 'login' view from the checkout workflow option of the configuration. However, you can't have the address view without the login view as both work together.
If you want to ask the address to the users (and other information maybe) without asking for a username/password for a user account, you should keep the login view in the checkout workflow and change the option "registration" of the checkout tab of the configuration to "no registration". Also, you can hide the login form of the left by turning off the "login" option on that same screen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- countryalliance
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.