- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Ho to set a choice of units in the backend
14 years 9 months ago #33814
by spacialek
Ho to set a choice of units in the backend was created by spacialek
Hello!
Most of my products are sold at a "per unit" price, however, some specific products are sold in packs of 4, so the word "each" which follows the price confuses my customers. Is there any feature in the free HikaShop version to choose between two custom units (could be "XX.XX$/each" and "XX.XX$/package")?
I though maybe custom fields could help me achieve that (if I buy the "Essential" license), by inserting a particular custom field I could name "custom_unit", inline right after the product price (and hide the default unit text), would that makes sense? And could I have the possibility to display other custom fields in other positions in the template if needed (let's say after the product description) or then all other custom fields will be placed after the product price too? I went to the Hikashop demo (backend) to verify if it would be possible, but it's hard to tell..
Thanks!
Most of my products are sold at a "per unit" price, however, some specific products are sold in packs of 4, so the word "each" which follows the price confuses my customers. Is there any feature in the free HikaShop version to choose between two custom units (could be "XX.XX$/each" and "XX.XX$/package")?
I though maybe custom fields could help me achieve that (if I buy the "Essential" license), by inserting a particular custom field I could name "custom_unit", inline right after the product price (and hide the default unit text), would that makes sense? And could I have the possibility to display other custom fields in other positions in the template if needed (let's say after the product description) or then all other custom fields will be placed after the product price too? I went to the Hikashop demo (backend) to verify if it would be possible, but it's hard to tell..
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33846
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Ho to set a choice of units in the backend
Hi,
One option is to just remove the "each" word. You can do that with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Otherwise, you could use a custom product field to select which one you would like to use and then modify the file "listing_price" of the view "product" to modify the line :
echo JText::_('PER_UNIT');
to:
echo $this->row->CUSTOM_FIELD;
where CUSTOM_FIELD is the column name of your custom product field.
You could also display custom fields in other parts of your product page yes.
One option is to just remove the "each" word. You can do that with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Otherwise, you could use a custom product field to select which one you would like to use and then modify the file "listing_price" of the view "product" to modify the line :
echo JText::_('PER_UNIT');
to:
echo $this->row->CUSTOM_FIELD;
where CUSTOM_FIELD is the column name of your custom product field.
You could also display custom fields in other parts of your product page yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: farbknall
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33982
by spacialek
Replied by spacialek on topic Re: Ho to set a choice of units in the backend
As I need to display an the unit after the price, the translation override doesn't work for me, but I'll consider buying the Essential version to use the custom fields. Thank you!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds