Skip to main content

HikaShop not taking Joomla template properties

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #33924 by champade
For some reason, all of my HikaShop pages (product list, product view, checkout, etc.) are showing up without the same format as articles. Other components I have used that show content by creating a menu item will usually show up with the same format as the rest of my site, but HikaShop won't. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. My site is www.tuner-evolution.com and the page with my products on it is here . As you can see, the articles on the home page have a nice gray background, with titles separated by a horizontal rule,etc, but when you go to the product page, it's just a black background. I want that same home page formatting, on my products page. I know I can edit the HikaShop css files for this, but I want to make sure I'm not missing an easy solution before I go creating custom css.

Any help is appreciated :)
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by champade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33957 by nicolas
Hi,

Your template defines the title style with the CSS:

h1.componentheading,.componentheading{background:url(../images/more-bg.gif) repeat-x 0 0;border-bottom:1px solid #000;clear:both;font-size:120%;height:45px;line-height:45px;margin:0;padding:0 10px;text-align:left}

h2.contentheading,.contentheading,.blog_more h2{background:url(../images/border.gif) repeat-x 0 100%;clear:both;color:#777;font-size:26px;font-weight:400;line-height:normal;margin:0 0 10px;overflow:hidden;padding:0 0 10px}

HikaShop uses a h1 tag without a class on it so the CSS is not applied to it. Most templates just define the h1 and h2 tags without a class name selector so the styles apply to the titles automatically but on your template it doesn't so the style doesn't apply automatically.
You will indeed have to add some CSS so that the style applies to it. You could try something like that:
h1{background:url(../images/more-bg.gif) repeat-x 0 0;border-bottom:1px solid #000;clear:both;font-size:120%;height:45px;line-height:45px;margin:0;padding:0 10px;text-align:left}

h2{background:url(../images/border.gif) repeat-x 0 100%;clear:both;color:#777;font-size:26px;font-weight:400;line-height:normal;margin:0 0 10px;overflow:hidden;padding:0 0 10px}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum