Skip to main content

setting up products

More
14 years 9 months ago #33959 by webmasterjp
I have been trying to learn HikaShop, the category and product setup seems straightforward for the most part, but the problem I am having is in the displaying of products. I have duplicate and triplicate same product displays on each page no matter what category the product is placed in. I am becoming very frustrated and I'm looking for help, I'm sure it's a check box or selection that i need to do.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #34010 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: setting up products
It's probably because you first created a category listing menu and the system then created an associated product listing module to display the products when you go in the categories. Then, you changed the type of the menu to a products listing and thus you have two products listings on the same page.
The simplest is to create a new menu from scratch by following the documentation here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html

If you still have problems after that, please post screenshots of your menu/module hikashop options and a link to the page where you have the problem so that we can see what you did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #34059 by mrscook2005
Replied by mrscook2005 on topic Re: setting up products
I have been trying to figure out how to set up my products for a while now. I wanted to try and see if I could figure it out myself so I wouldn't have to bother anyone, but I could really use some help. Used the link above and it was very helpful. So thank you for that. I am still having a problem though. Needing my pictures to go with different categories ex. someone looks up women's clicks on women's shirts then that's all they see. My problem is say I would click on women's shirts, women's shoes, or even accessories I see everything. I can't get the pictures to go to there designated areas. How would I go about doing that? Thanks very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #34084 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: setting up products
If you see everything instead of just seeing the products of the current category, I suppose that it's because in your products listing module, you have the option "Synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" turned off.
Again, that's hard to be sure without knowing your settings so if you can't figure it out, please post a screenshot of your menu/module's hikashop options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum