- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Paypal Test Order Problems
14 years 9 months ago #33964
by kryten
Paypal Test Order Problems was created by kryten
Hello
I am trying to make a test order from the Paypal Sandbox link: www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr which is what I have now entered as the URL of the plugin parameters and set the email to the test email that was generated by the sandbox.
When I go to make a test order it will say redirecting to Paypal but only for about a second (the paypal yellow logo appears) then displays the message in a blue band that the cart is empty. When I check in the test account of the sandbox it is still £0.00 but I do get an order email sent from my website.
What am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't it redirect to Paypal and let me enter in some fake info to buy it just like a real person would do?
I am trying to make a test order from the Paypal Sandbox link: www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr which is what I have now entered as the URL of the plugin parameters and set the email to the test email that was generated by the sandbox.
When I go to make a test order it will say redirecting to Paypal but only for about a second (the paypal yellow logo appears) then displays the message in a blue band that the cart is empty. When I check in the test account of the sandbox it is still £0.00 but I do get an order email sent from my website.
What am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't it redirect to Paypal and let me enter in some fake info to buy it just like a real person would do?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34011
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal Test Order Problems
Hi,
It should indeed redirect to paypal so that you can proceed to the payment.
The URL of the paypal plugin should be www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr and not www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr if you're using the sandbox. That's probably why it's not working properly. Please double check your paypal plugin settings.
It should indeed redirect to paypal so that you can proceed to the payment.
The URL of the paypal plugin should be www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr and not www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr if you're using the sandbox. That's probably why it's not working properly. Please double check your paypal plugin settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34021
by kryten
Replied by kryten on topic Re: Paypal Test Order Problems
Hello
Thank you for your reply.
I have now entered the correct url and included https:// which now sends me to the Paypal page but after logging in as I would normally do when buying something from Paypal I get a message that says: "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant."
Then it will say "go back to merchant" which I do but the cart is empty.
Not long after this I receive an email from my website to say that the order has gone through.
I do not understand how this can be as it would be before any payment info would be entered. How can the invoice be already paid?
Thank you for your time and help
Chris
Thank you for your reply.
I have now entered the correct url and included https:// which now sends me to the Paypal page but after logging in as I would normally do when buying something from Paypal I get a message that says: "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant."
Then it will say "go back to merchant" which I do but the cart is empty.
Not long after this I receive an email from my website to say that the order has gone through.
I do not understand how this can be as it would be before any payment info would be entered. How can the invoice be already paid?
Thank you for your time and help
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34037
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal Test Order Problems
The email you're receiving does not say that the order has been confirmed but only created.
A second email will be sent when the order is confirmed.
That invoice has already been paid is a common problem with paypal:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...l-error.html#already
A second email will be sent when the order is confirmed.
That invoice has already been paid is a common problem with paypal:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...l-error.html#already
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34038
by kryten
Replied by kryten on topic Re: Paypal Test Order Problems
Ah!! I have it resolved now!
The email set in hikashop was the actual Sandbox user email and not the test account email! and also I tried buying it using the wrong email also!! doh! well, you learn from your mistakes as they say.
Well it is working now and I got Paypal "Thanks for your order" screen
Thank you so very much for all your help and patience.
Chris
The email set in hikashop was the actual Sandbox user email and not the test account email! and also I tried buying it using the wrong email also!! doh! well, you learn from your mistakes as they say.
Well it is working now and I got Paypal "Thanks for your order" screen
Thank you so very much for all your help and patience.
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds