- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
How do I show the item code?
- Idealtouch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #33969
by Idealtouch
How do I show the item code? was created by Idealtouch
Hello,
I am interested in showing the item code on the product page so that my customers gave something to reference. How can this be done? Thanks in advance for any information you can give.
I am interested in showing the item code on the product page so that my customers gave something to reference. How can this be done? Thanks in advance for any information you can give.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #33987
by bridgemics
Replied by bridgemics on topic Re: How do I show the item code?
I would like to do the same. I found a reference to editing the CSS file but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34032
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I show the item code?
You can display the product code on the product page as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ng.html#product_code
If you don't see the difference, make sure that the custom file is selected for your front end CSS and save the configuration, and flush your browser's cache.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ng.html#product_code
If you don't see the difference, make sure that the custom file is selected for your front end CSS and save the configuration, and flush your browser's cache.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #34060
by bridgemics
Replied by bridgemics on topic Re: How do I show the item code?
Thanks, it works great, don't know what I did wrong before.
Another quick question, In product page I find the price doesn't show, there is a add to cart button and a stock quantity but no price, is this a CSS setting as well?
Another quick question, In product page I find the price doesn't show, there is a add to cart button and a stock quantity but no price, is this a CSS setting as well?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Idealtouch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #34072
by Idealtouch
Replied by Idealtouch on topic Re: How do I show the item code?
I went to Configuration > Display Tab > CSS and changed the front end css by deleting the code .hikashop_product_code_main{ display:none; } and saved as instructed. The front end CSS displays that it is now custom, and then I flushed the cache. It is still not showing on the product page of my site.
idealplan-it.com
Any thoughts?
Any thoughts?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Idealtouch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #34073
by Idealtouch
Replied by Idealtouch on topic Re: How do I show the item code?
Never mind, now it popped up!
Another question though... it shows the item code right after the description, it the same size and font. Is there a way to distinguish it more? Same make it a smaller font or have the words "Item #:" in front of it?
Another question though... it shows the item code right after the description, it the same size and font. Is there a way to distinguish it more? Same make it a smaller font or have the words "Item #:" in front of it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34091
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I show the item code?
If you don't see the price on the product page it's likely that you have the option "show prices" of the Display tab of the configuration turned off.
For the code style, you could add some CSS like that:
.hikashop_product_code_main{
font-size: 2em;
}
For the code style, you could add some CSS like that:
.hikashop_product_code_main{
font-size: 2em;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Idealtouch
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #34104
by Idealtouch
Replied by Idealtouch on topic Re: How do I show the item code?
Thanks for the info, that works... and I also added a color to it. (I don't do code.
)
One last thing, I am looking for where I can add in some text "Item #" to show ahead of the item code. Where would that go?
One last thing, I am looking for where I can add in some text "Item #" to show ahead of the item code. Where would that go?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34142
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I show the item code?
You would have to edit the file "show" of the view "product" for your template via the menu Display->Views and add it after the code:
<span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main">
<span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main">
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds