Define a specific category for "featured module"
14 years 9 months ago #33981
by gtewks
"There is no try, there is only do"
Blue Gel Media | Big Sun Photography
Define a specific category for "featured module" was created by gtewks
Is there a way to specify a specific category in the "featured module" ?
I see no means to display only the specific items I want to show as featured.
Usually you would do this with a "featured" category that the module displays,
or some kind of product checkbox for featured items..
I don't see either option.
tips?
I see no means to display only the specific items I want to show as featured.
Usually you would do this with a "featured" category that the module displays,
or some kind of product checkbox for featured items..
I don't see either option.
tips?
"There is no try, there is only do"
Blue Gel Media | Big Sun Photography
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34028
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Define a specific category for "featured module"
Yes you need to create a new category via the menu Products->Categories. Just leave it unpublished and it won't display on the front end while you will still be able to use it in your module as parent category so that the module display the products with that category attached to them.
In fact we already have that setup on our demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=71&lang=en
In fact we already have that setup on our demo website:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=71&lang=en
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds