- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
displaying modules on product pages
When HikaShop displays an individual product, is there a way to get Joomla to display another module on the same page?
At present I can only have the product on a page and nothing else. For example in my site I have a products menu, then when you click on a product it display it (eg i didn't create the page in Joomla), these are the pages I wish to display another module on.
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, you can publish your module in the "modules under the product page" option of the Display tab of the configuration if it's a hikashop module and it will display on all your product pages.
For other modules, or if you don't want it on all your product pages, you could use the loadposition plugin of joomla to load the module in the product description : docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F
Alternatively, you would have to edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add some code like that:
<?php
$mypostion="{loadposition YYY}";
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$mypostion );
?>
where YYY is the position name where your module is on your template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However I'm finding it hard now to position the Joomla module i've place inside the article. For example when I format the article to look the way I want and hav eit looking great, the Joomla module always appears on the left-hand side on the front-end and won't relate to where I've put the module within the product article in the back end.
Also when HikaShop displays a product I first get the picture and besides that the price and cart info (which displays in the middle of the screen) and then the article text underneath. However the text from the article goes all entire length of the page from left to right leaving a rather big unwanted space above the text and to the right of the price/cart info. This is the space i'm looking to get the module in. I know I can make my article justify with the end of the cart to make it look better but then you have a big gap on the right-hand side of the page. I guess this means i need to place my Joomla article somewhere outside the product article text and inside the code that displays the product picture and price/cart info?
Is there a way to either put a joomla module within this space or alternatively move the price/cart info to the right side of the page?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also,for the module, I would have to see the page to tell you more.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've made up a test product page and attached a screenshot so you can see more.
As you can see i'm trying to display the joomla module to the right-hand-side of the price/cart display but above the text. Is this possible?
Really appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I admit, i have red almost all related forum posts, tied most of them and still hasn't got an answer and i cannot believe that it is not possible... maybe it too simple. maybe not.. don't know...
HOW can i display "stuff" like Cart, Related/latest products ONLY on product page on the right joomla module position?
so far i did actually managed them to appear to right position on product page (PIC 2), but they also appear on everywhere else (PIC 3, ), and sometimes even twice on product page... I would like RIGHT module position appear with cart and related products ONLY when product page is displayed not anywhere else.
is that possible?
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!
Laadukas moderni kulmasohva, valkoinen kulmasohva tai iso kulmasohva: ModerniKoti
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Joomla doesn't offer such options by default. You will need to install "Advanced Modules Manager" to be able to restrict a module to a specific page of HikaShop:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: Hi,
Joomla doesn't offer such options by default. You will need to install "Advanced Modules Manager" to be able to restrict a module to a specific page of HikaShop:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...les-management/10307
thats what i thought... okay..
sry.. i just have to ask, please forgive me my incompetence...
is there possible to add some modules in product pages at the top right corner like on pic?! coz right now related products and modules are shown at the bottom of product page...
page just looks so empty up there
Laadukas moderni kulmasohva, valkoinen kulmasohva tai iso kulmasohva: ModerniKoti
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop have an option to display modules under the product page but, depending your template (specially, your CSS) you can display it at the right.
You can also override the product page display and more precisely the "product | show" page.
There are display in the div with the id "hikashop_submodules".
You can put CSS rules for it and you can find the block in the view too.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.