- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
Free Shipping when $0.00
14 years 9 months ago #34461
by cyphergt
Free Shipping when $0.00 was created by cyphergt
I am receiving coupons from halfoffdepot.com for items that have already been purchased on their site. Once a customer puts in the coupon its should reduce the total price of the unit to $0.00 which it is however it is still adding shipping cost.
So here is what I tried so far:
I added a new shipping method named Free Shipping I set the min at $0.00 and the max at $0.00 thinking that this option would only show up if the final total was $0.00. It shows up regardless, probably because I'm doing something wrong.
I also don't want the other shipping methods to show up at all when the final total is $0.00
Now I am sure there has to be an easier way to add free shipping. What am I not seeing?
So here is what I tried so far:
I added a new shipping method named Free Shipping I set the min at $0.00 and the max at $0.00 thinking that this option would only show up if the final total was $0.00. It shows up regardless, probably because I'm doing something wrong.
I also don't want the other shipping methods to show up at all when the final total is $0.00
Now I am sure there has to be an easier way to add free shipping. What am I not seeing?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34493
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Free Shipping when $0.00
If you want to add free shipping when the order is free, you should put in the max price of your free shipping method a price of 0.01 because 0.00 is considered as if you didn't put anything in the option.
And for the other shipping methods, you should set a minimum price of 0.01 too.
And for the other shipping methods, you should set a minimum price of 0.01 too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #34504
by cyphergt
Replied by cyphergt on topic Re: Free Shipping when $0.00
Thanks Nicolas I tried leaving the minimum at 0 and the max at .01 but now the free ship doesn't show up at all. I also tried adding a .01 to all of the other ship methods for a minimum but that didn't work either. It seems that the min and max only look at the total price and not the final total or a subtotal (subtotal doesn't exist). Since the Total price of my item is $19.99 the free ship won't display unless I make the min or max 19.99
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by cyphergt.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34545
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Free Shipping when $0.00
No I think that it comes from something else. Please make sure that the "Include virtual products price" option of your shipping methods is turned on and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #34552
by cyphergt
Replied by cyphergt on topic Re: Free Shipping when $0.00
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by cyphergt.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34588
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Free Shipping when $0.00
Ah yes, it's the price without the coupon which is taken into account for shipping methods price restrictions.
That's normal.
You would have to change the line:
$price = $order->total->prices[0]->price_value_with_tax;
to:
$price = $order->full_total->prices[0]->price_value_with_tax;
in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual.php if you want it to use the price with the coupon included.
That's normal.
You would have to change the line:
$price = $order->total->prices[0]->price_value_with_tax;
to:
$price = $order->full_total->prices[0]->price_value_with_tax;
in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual.php if you want it to use the price with the coupon included.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34703
by cyphergt
Replied by cyphergt on topic Re: Free Shipping when $0.00
Ok Nicolas I normally don't write in all Caps but sometimes you just have to let everyone know.
I LOVE USING HIKASHOP AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME SUPPORT!!!!
Ok I got that out of my system and I guess by that you already know that what your wrote above is working thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I LOVE USING HIKASHOP AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME SUPPORT!!!!
Ok I got that out of my system and I guess by that you already know that what your wrote above is working thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds