- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Different default views for different catagories
- beyondhelp
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #34464
by beyondhelp
Different default views for different catagories was created by beyondhelp
Hi,
I've now given up with variations its too time consuming to edit and administer, used to be easy in 1.x virtuemart, so tried virtuemart 2.0 and its also gone complicated, like hikashop (why???)
so I'm giving hikashop another go as I quite like the way it otherwise works, but this time listing all variations of a product with relevant prices as separate products.
So, I would like to list my products (approx 10-20 sizes with different prices) in a list view, so its easy to find the one you want. I wont need thumbnails either.
In a perfect world I would like to be able to list all products like this:
Product A (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
Product B (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
Product C (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
Product D (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
Product E (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
but I only want this to be for this sub category and a couple of others.
Please help someone
This used to be easy in viruemart. 
Thanks!!
I've now given up with variations its too time consuming to edit and administer, used to be easy in 1.x virtuemart, so tried virtuemart 2.0 and its also gone complicated, like hikashop (why???)
So, I would like to list my products (approx 10-20 sizes with different prices) in a list view, so its easy to find the one you want. I wont need thumbnails either.
In a perfect world I would like to be able to list all products like this:
Product A (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
Product B (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
Product C (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
Product D (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
Product E (Choose colour) Price (Choose quantity) BUY
but I only want this to be for this sub category and a couple of others.
Please help someone
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34495
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Different default views for different catagories
Hi,
You can't have Characteristics on products listings. It's just not possible unless you redo all the display of characteristics.
We should however have an option to display custom item fields on listings in next release ( in 1 month at least ) so you will be able to achieve that if you don't need the price to change based on the variant selected and if you don't need to handle stocks for each variant of the product.
You can't have Characteristics on products listings. It's just not possible unless you redo all the display of characteristics.
We should however have an option to display custom item fields on listings in next release ( in 1 month at least ) so you will be able to achieve that if you don't need the price to change based on the variant selected and if you don't need to handle stocks for each variant of the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- beyondhelp
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #34496
by beyondhelp
Replied by beyondhelp on topic Re: Different default views for different catagories
Ok so that's a start.
So is there a way that I can customise one of my categories to list as a list of products rather than as they do by default (icons)
thanks
So is there a way that I can customise one of my categories to list as a list of products rather than as they do by default (icons)
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34498
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Different default views for different catagories
The display settings of listings of categories and products can be changed via the menus Display->Content menus/modules of HikaShop.
You can display them as DIV/list/table and have a lot of other display options.
You can display them as DIV/list/table and have a lot of other display options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- beyondhelp
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #34499
by beyondhelp
Replied by beyondhelp on topic Re: Different default views for different catagories
I shall have a look now. Is this the code editor, as I was looking there for clues earlier?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #34501
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Different default views for different catagories
No, the code editor is in the menu Display->Views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- beyondhelp
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 9 months ago #34503
by beyondhelp
Replied by beyondhelp on topic Re: Different default views for different catagories
Brilliant, I think I have found it. I shall add some products and have a play (btw it's support like this which is why I have changed to Hikashop). I'll post back (will be tomorrow now) to update how I get on.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds