- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Newbie needing help with CSV and setting up
15 years 9 months ago #3456
by Lainey
Newbie needing help with CSV and setting up was created by Lainey
Hi. Basically I'm trying to set up Hika shop on a car website to sell cars. The stock list is set up this way to upload via CSV With each of these being the column names in the stock list:
I'm unsure whether I should add the column names as custom fields or as characteristics to a product. We will only be selling cars, nothing else.
Thanks
Code:
images stock_number drive_side make model variant engine_size transmission mileage ext_colour int_colour
I'm unsure whether I should add the column names as custom fields or as characteristics to a product. We will only be selling cars, nothing else.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3459
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Newbie needing help with CSV and setting up
Hi,
You probably want them as custom product fields.
I don't know if stock_number is the quantity you have in stock, but if that's the case, then it should be product_quantity.
You probably want them as custom product fields.
I don't know if stock_number is the quantity you have in stock, but if that's the case, then it should be product_quantity.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3472
by Lainey
Replied by Lainey on topic Re: Newbie needing help with CSV and setting up
Ok thanks 
When I go to put in a custom field it wants to put it in the address table. Is this right or should it be in a different table?
When I go to put in a custom field it wants to put it in the address table. Is this right or should it be in a different table?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 9 months ago #3473
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Newbie needing help with CSV and setting up
With the custom fields interface you can create several types of custom fields:
address : to customize the way the users can enter their address
user: to customize the way the users can enter some information
product: to add more information to products
order: to ask more information for an order during the checkout
entry: for entries registration.
In the starter version of HikaShop, only the first option is possible.
In the Essential version, the first three options are available.
And in the Business version, all these options are available.
address : to customize the way the users can enter their address
user: to customize the way the users can enter some information
product: to add more information to products
order: to ask more information for an order during the checkout
entry: for entries registration.
In the starter version of HikaShop, only the first option is possible.
In the Essential version, the first three options are available.
And in the Business version, all these options are available.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds