- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
Cart resets when user logins
I don't know if this behavior is intended or if something is wrong with my setup. If I browse the site as a guest and add let's say 8 items in my cart, if I then login, the cart is empty or returns to the last state I had as a logged in visitor.
Is there a way to change this? It would be devastating for a user that searches for a great amount of time the right products and characteristics for him, adds them to the cart and then chooses to login and loose everything.
Great product, great support, thanks in advance.
Iosif
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That should not happen. We specifically added code in the hikashop user plugin to avoid such issue. That could happen only if you use an old version of HikaShop or if you unpublished the hikashop user plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
the plugin is published and I am using 1.4.0. Just to be clear, this only happens if the user logins using Joomla's login module not if he logins in the checkout page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, do you use the standard joomla login module ? Using other login modules could be a problem if they don't trigger the user plugins.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I didn't do an upgrade, it is a clean install. And yes I am using the default Joomla login module, the only difference that I can see is that it opens in a rokbox.
You can check in my test site, I have emailed you the address in the other conversation we had.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The only remaining way to check on that problem will be to put traces in the plugin's code. Could you provide an FTP access to your website so that we can add traces to it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would you like admin access in Joomla until then?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
you are now an admin, I will email you FTP details later.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
it is still happening when I test it. Cleared cookies and stuff. I select a few products as a guest and then after logging in the cart is empty. Maybe it is saved somewhere in the database as admin?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for all your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am having the same issue here, at first i used a standard joomla login in a modal popup, because this didn't work i've now changed this to the standard joomla user login page without modal, but the cart also resets when using this.
I hope it's easy to fix.. If you need me to provide FTP and/or admin access please let me know
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If that's OK, you should try to switch your session handler in the configuration of joomla and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have re-enabled the login box on the login/registration page of hikashop, and here it does keep the cart, the problem occurs only with the joomla login.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have other extensions user plugins published which could interfere with the process ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have the following user plugins:
AcyMailing Tag : Joomla User Information Enabled
HikaShop joomla user account link plugin Enabled
Hikashop AlphaUserPoints Plugin Disabled
User - Joomla! Enabled
HikaShop user synchronization plugin Enabled
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.