- Posts: 94
- Thank you received: 0
Sorting of products
14 years 8 months ago #34897
by Mattlab
Sorting of products was created by Mattlab
So I am not sure if hika has this or not...
But it would be nice if my front-end users could sort product lists within a category by things like Alphabetical, Best Selling, Highest Rated, Most reviewed, price, etc.
Anyway to do this? Alphabetical seems like it would be a standard feature. Because right now users may need to go through 20 pages of products to find something based on the default order or search for it instead of being able to sort.
But it would be nice if my front-end users could sort product lists within a category by things like Alphabetical, Best Selling, Highest Rated, Most reviewed, price, etc.
Anyway to do this? Alphabetical seems like it would be a standard feature. Because right now users may need to go through 20 pages of products to find something based on the default order or search for it instead of being able to sort.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34920
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Sorting of products
Hi,
You can create filters of the type "sort" via the menu Display->Filters in the Business edition if you want to do that.
You can create filters of the type "sort" via the menu Display->Filters in the Business edition if you want to do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35989
by Mattlab
Replied by Mattlab on topic Re: Sorting of products
Sweet thanks! I will try this out and see how it goes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39339
by Kandles
Replied by Kandles on topic Re: Sorting of products
Sorry I am new to Hikashop - still finding my way around.
I have created a dropdown sort on the price field - which works fine.
I now want to have an alphabetical sort on the name of the product. However in the Options section on the filter page I select - Apply on Sort - and then in the Sort selector (where I selected Price before) I would like to be able to select Name - but it is not there?
It must be possible to sort alphabetically - just struggling to work out how.
Thanks in advance
I have created a dropdown sort on the price field - which works fine.
I now want to have an alphabetical sort on the name of the product. However in the Options section on the filter page I select - Apply on Sort - and then in the Sort selector (where I selected Price before) I would like to be able to select Name - but it is not there?
It must be possible to sort alphabetically - just struggling to work out how.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39475
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Sorting of products
Hi,
You cannot create a filter to sort products by product name.
However, that is a good idea and not difficult to add so we'll add that to next release of HikaShop.
You can add the line:
$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'b.product_name',JText::_('PRODUCT_NAME'));
after the line:
$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'price',JText::_('PRICE'));
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/product_information.php
and then it should work.
You cannot create a filter to sort products by product name.
However, that is a good idea and not difficult to add so we'll add that to next release of HikaShop.
You can add the line:
$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'b.product_name',JText::_('PRODUCT_NAME'));
after the line:
$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'price',JText::_('PRICE'));
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/product_information.php
and then it should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39478
by Kandles
Replied by Kandles on topic Re: Sorting of products
Thank you for your reply - I will try that tomorrow (getting late in the day here now!)
Thanks again.
Thanks again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39588
by Kandles
Replied by Kandles on topic Re: Sorting of products
Brilliant - works like a dream, Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39594
by Kandles
Replied by Kandles on topic Re: Sorting of products
Sorry - one more small thing!
I have moved the Pagination to Bottom - and moved the page selector to bottom of product page.
I would like to move the filters to tbe bottom too. In line with page selector.
I have looked in the forum - and seacrched through afew template files - but am still a little lost.
Thanks
I have moved the Pagination to Bottom - and moved the page selector to bottom of product page.
I would like to move the filters to tbe bottom too. In line with page selector.
I have looked in the forum - and seacrched through afew template files - but am still a little lost.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39759
by Kandles
Replied by Kandles on topic Re: Sorting of products
And another small thing!
Is it possible to change the wording in the filter drop-down? Currently says Acending-Decending - would be nice if it said "High to Low" - "Low to High" for the price sort.
Is it possible to change the wording in the filter drop-down? Currently says Acending-Decending - would be nice if it said "High to Low" - "Low to High" for the price sort.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #39884
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Sorting of products
It's the file "listing" of the view "product" that you want to edit.
There you can move that block:
You can change that text like any text in HikaShop via a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
However, note that it will change everywhere it is used.
There you can move that block:
Code:
if(hikashop_level(2) && JRequest::getVar('hikashop_front_end_main',0) && JRequest::getVar('task')=='listing'){
$this->setLayout('filter');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
You can change that text like any text in HikaShop via a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
However, note that it will change everywhere it is used.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds